SHEPSENWOHL

  • rosen20817@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2001
      Dear fellow SHEPSENWOHL researcher:

      In an effort to learn the connections between the SHEPSENWOHLS of
      Radoshkovich, Haradok, and Volozhin, which together account for almost all
      known Shepsenwohls in the world, I sent some new information to you
      yesterday, from details I discovered in the Radoshkovich yizkor book.

      Today, I received a reply from Beny Shepsenwohl Shefer. I am sharing it with
      you (below) so we can solve this puzzle together. The Harodok link connects
      his family to the Shlomo der Chasid Shepsenwohls of Volozhin, who went there
      from Harodok. And the Radoshkovich link to his family connects his Ben Tsion
      Shepsenwohl family to my Moshe Yoneh Shepsenwohl family. So the evidence
      grows that all three families are one. But precisely what is their link?
      --Steve Rosen

      Subj: family tree
      Date: 3/25/01 5:04:02 PM Eastern Standard Time
      From: sheferb@... (beny shefer)
      To: Rosen20817@... (Steve Rosen)

      Steve,
      I got today from Shelomo Cherches (today Nachshon) an updated family tree.
      Basically his family tree is following the roots of two families, Cherches,
      and Issacson were my great mother origin is. This family tree dose not
      follows the roots of Shepsenwohl, so there are no indications of my great
      father family.

      I spoke today with Shelomo and he could not tell me my great great father
      name, but he confirmed that my great father Ben-Zion did not born in
      Radoshkovich and most probably he came from Haradok because of my great
      mother. (As you know I have family from Haradok). Most probably that after
      the firs war my great father was the only Shepsenwol in Radoshkovich.

      Trying to learn my great great father name I assume that it could be Joseph
      or Liebe (Leon). (these are the name of my uncles, and my father name was
      after his great father from his mother). Other possibility is Zalman, which
      was the name of my father sister Shoshana, and my great father first great
      son. (I don’t see any Zalman in my great mother roots so maybe this name came
      from my great father roots) I need to check this point with my uncle in
      France, he is the only one who maybe will be able to tell me.

      So as you see there is steel mystery but you encourage me to find out about
      my roots and I must thank you for it, I have already learned a lot.
      Beny