Mike Finnerty returning to Daybreak in Montreal

  • Bob W
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
    • Meir Weiss
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
        So now i see 3 plus mike

        Which leaves our a weather person at least from the group of 5? At least?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
          Not that I consider this a burning question, but is this why Nancy Wood was let go?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
            It would be my sincerest hope that Mr. Finnerty changes his mind again and does not come back.

            Please.

            He was a poor and uninspiring host the last time he was here and I fear that he will be the same again.

            Please.
          • Sheldon H
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
              There are a ton of comments about this on the Daybreak CBC Montreal Facebook page. The majority of those who have posted so far seem to be in favour of Finnerty's return.

              Mike Finnerty himself has reponded to one of the postings asking how long will he stay this time. This was his response:

              "I've signed a longer term contract with the CBC... much longer than what I was offered when first hired. This is about coming home."
            • Sheldon H
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 20, 2010
                I also just checked out the Fagstein blog. The Finnerty return is the top story. Definitely essential reading for anyone with an interest in this story. Check it out at
                http://blog.fagstein.com/2010/07/20/mike-finnerty-to-host-daybreak-again/

                There is also a link to the Montreal Gazette's story on this.
              • David Pinto
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 21, 2010
                  Tag end of Mike Boone's column today carries his rather withering comments on the Finnerty appointment.

                  By MIKE BOONE
                  The Gazette
                  July 21, 2010

                  Know what I like about morning radio?
                  Nothing, which is why I don't listen to it. But if I were a normal person who, like millions, started the day by tuning in to a favourite morning show, I'd value continuity.
                  It's pleasurably reassuring to be eased into your day by the same voices who did it yesterday and will do it again tomorrow. Andrew Carter, Aaron Rand, the late, great George Balcan -consummate pros who know you might have had a rough night and/ or are facing a tough day.
                  Then there's Daybreak.
                  Goodbye Mike Finnerty, hello Nancy Wood, goodbye Nancy, welcome back Mike -all within 14 months.
                  What a joke.
                  But there is continuity at CBC Montreal. The same gormless twits keep making hare-brained programming decisions. On our dime.
                  mboone@...
                  © Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

                  I also just checked out the Fagstein blog. The Finnerty return is the top story. Definitely essential reading for anyone with an interest in this story. Check it out at
                  http://blog.fagstein.com/2010/07/20/mike-finnerty-to-host-daybreak-again/

                  There is also a link to the Montreal Gazette's story on this.

                • Shloime Perel
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 21, 2010
                    It strikes me that the CBC is in reality a private network, publicly funded.
                    Aside from its funding,  what is the public aspect of the CBC? As things
                    stand now, there is no more possibility of public participation in the CBC
                    than there is in conventional private radio or TV. The whole protest
                    experience about Nancy Wood shows just how private that CBC is.

                    From: Sheldon H <ve2shw@...>

                    To: radioinmontreal@yahoogroups.com