Re: [radio-userland] Groovin'?

  • Julian Bond
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2001
      In article <970k03+v1t1@...>, Scott Loftesness
      <sjl@...> writes
      >Is anyone here actually using Groove?

      Played with it quite a bit in Jan. Gave up because it was too
      unfinished. Impressive technology, but each tool is a bit short of
      function and the UI stinks. Sound familiar? That's Beta software for
      you! Funnily enough I loaded it up again today and upgraded to the
      latest release. My hard disk thrashed and thrashed for some time
      afterwords but it did what it said on the box.

      In a nutshell it's Lotus Notes meets ICQ, but the groove people have put
      a restriction on themselves that it's only for small groups of people.
      I'm disappointed as I kept thinking of uses that were for *large* groups
      of people.

      Hpyle at Agora is doing some interesting things with it. Including
      Groove instant message to weblog to RSS. http://groovelog.agora.co.uk

      --
      Julian Bond eMail: julian@...
      HomeURL: http://www.shockwav.demon.co.uk/