Working on Website Tools today

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2001
      1. It's a slow-go, every step is full of surprises.

      2. I'm biting the bullet and fixing the problem myUserLand.root has with
      hierarchies in the website. Gotta have em here.

      3. They're going to be very lightweight compared to Manila plug-ins or Radio
      Tools.

      4. I know it's confusing to have two kinds of Tools. Thought of calling them
      utilities. But that's stupid. Either word would be good. People will ask
      "what's the difference betw a tool and a utility." Or "Why can't I have
      tools that work like utilities." Oy. There's no way to win.

      5. "It's even worse than it appears."

      Dave

      Dave Winer, UserLand Software
      Daily notes: http://www.scripting.com/