43764Re: Help Installing in Vista

  • Andy Fragen
    Jul 10, 2007
      --- In radio-userland@yahoogroups.com, "John Giacobbe" <jgiacobbe_skyline@...> wrote:

      > Hi All.
      >
      > Not sure if anyone else is out there, but just in case...
      >
      > I am trying to install Radio UserLand on a new computer, and while the
      > install appears to have run fine, when I start Radio UserLand, the
      > icon for it appears in the notification area/system tray (Windows
      > Vista), but the program won't start, and I can't get to the webpage to
      > edit my posts and such.
      >
      > My registration expires in a few weeks, but I really need to get it
      > working on my new machine before I renew, just in case it won't work
      > with Vista or my configuration.
      >
      > I tried the serial number entry page in both Firefox and Internet
      > Explorer to no avail.
      >
      > The page will just not load, at all
      >
      > Anyone have any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > John Giacobbe
      > cerci1@...

      This might be due to the fact that many of the filepaths are hardcoded into Radio. You
      might try 2 things. Simplest is running <a
      href="http://thefragens.com/blog/publicTools/scripts/">myFixFilePathsAndAddresses</
      a> script. Otherwise you might have to reinstall Radio and copy over your Data Files
      folder.

      It's been a long time since I've used Radio, but Google should have something regarding
      moving installations, etc.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic