Re: [radio-dev] Re: Beta: Optimized Upstreaming in Radio 8.1

  • Steve Kirks
    Message 1 of 21 , May 17, 2005
      Jeff:

      Beta 6 will ship tomorrow....

      Steve

      On 5/17/05, Forest Oak <jeff@...> wrote:
      > > > In the meantime, we're still interested by reports about the current
      > > > beta's behaviour.
      > > >
      > > > Marc
      > >
      > > Hmm... I'm having a situation where categories starts upstreaming in
      > > an endless loop.
      > >

      > I've uninstalled the upstreaming beta, & now my home index.html is
      > getting published, but the endless loop of publishing & republishing
      > the categories is still happening.
      >
      > :-(

      Steve Kirks
      Product Manager, Radio UserLand
      http://steve.userland.com/
    • Jeff Imig
      Message 2 of 21 , May 17, 2005
        I'll be trying it again.

        The endless loop did finally quit... but it took about an hour.

        I was just happy the uninstall works.

        Jeff

        On May 17, 2005, at 8:24 PM, Steve Kirks wrote:

        > Jeff:
        >
        > Beta 6 will ship tomorrow....
        >
        > Steve

        >>> Hmm... I'm having a situation where categories starts upstreaming in
        >>> an endless loop.
        >>>

        >> I've uninstalled the upstreaming beta, & now my home index.html is
        >> getting published, but the endless loop of publishing & republishing
        >> the categories is still happening.
        >>
        >> :-(

        > --
        > Steve Kirks
        > Product Manager, Radio UserLand
        > http://steve.userland.com/

        see http://jaihome.myvnc.com for latest news & views in my life

      • Steve Kirks
        Message 3 of 21 , May 18, 2005

          Thank Patrick Ritchie for that....he wrote the code... :)

          --
          Steve Kirks
          Product Manager, Radio UserLand
          http://steve.userland.com/
        • Lawrence Lee
          Message 4 of 21 , May 18, 2005
            We released a fix for the upstreamScanFolder callback that caused custom
            folders from never being upstreamed.

            *** How do I install it?

            Important: Quit Radio and backup the entire Radio UserLand folder. This is
            good practice before installing any beta software or tools.

            1. Download this file and save it to disk:

            http://lawrence.userland.com/radioParts/upstreamingBeta06.fttb

            2. Import the beta parts into Radio using the Open command in Radio's File
            menu.

            3. In the QuickScript window (Ctrl-;), run the following script:

            workspace.upstreamingBeta06.installer ()

            If you need to remove the beta parts, you can run the following command in a
            QuickScript command to restore the original parts (prior to installing of
            the beta parts):

            workspace.upstreamingBeta06.installer (false)
          • Forest Oak
            Message 5 of 21 , May 19, 2005
              --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence Lee <lawrence@u...> wrote:
              > We released a fix for the upstreamScanFolder callback that caused custom
              > folders from never being upstreamed.

              status using radio categories with upstream beta 06

              Mac OS X
              local file upstream driver

              No longer gets caught in endless loop in categories.

              BUT: if the "home page" selection is not checked, but another is...
              it upstreams the old content. I have not tried this with "upstream
              only after publishing".

              CPU load appears to be improved; ranges from 7% to about 54%.

              http://jaihome.myvnc.com/categories/radiotest/
              http://jaihome.myvnc.com/categories/myInterests/
              http://jaihome.myvnc.com/