More problems with Radio ...

  • Scott C. Lemon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2005
      Message
      It's funny ... I haven't done any development nor modifications to my copy of Radio in  *long* time ... but after the new year, I have had no end of problems ...

      1. I have seen this in the past, but not in a long time.  While using Excel on my Windows XP laptop, all of the sudden Excel locked up solid ... it would not respond to anything.  I checked the task manager and Radio was at 100% utilization.  Other apps were responsive and usable ... but Excel was locked solid ... not repainting nor responding to anything.  I then tried to access Radio and it would not reply to anything ... not to web requests nor the right-click menu.  I had to use task manager to kill Radio ... and Excel then immediate came back to life.

      2. Upon re-launching Radio it immediately went to 100% utilization for over 40 minutes ... I went to bed.

      3. When I woke up, it had completed whatever it was doing, and had the following error on the Radio application:

          "Can't find a sub-table named "Item #1".

      4. I clicked the "Goto" button, and got to:

          system.verbs.builtins.log.getGuestSubTable

          The line was:  local (adrsubtable = @[f] [1].[logname])

      I am still seeing the problem of not properly publishing the home page also ... it seems that things are just corrupted or something.

      Not sure if any of this is of any value ... nor if there is any methodical way to track down problems like this.  The behaviors just appear to be buggy ...

      Scott C. Lemon

    • Steve Kirks
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2005
        Scott:

        Have tried a complete reinstall? I can't remember if you have or not....

        Steve

        On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:19:01 -0700, Scott C. Lemon
        <Scott.Lemon@...> wrote:

        > It's funny ... I haven't done any development nor modifications to my copy
        > of Radio in *long* time ... but after the new year, I have had no end of
        > problems ...
        >
        > 1. I have seen this in the past, but not in a long time. While using Excel
        > on my Windows XP laptop, all of the sudden Excel locked up solid ... it
        > would not respond to anything. I checked the task manager and Radio was at
        > 100% utilization. Other apps were responsive and usable ... but Excel was
        > locked solid ... not repainting nor responding to anything. I then tried to
        > access Radio and it would not reply to anything ... not to web requests nor
        > the right-click menu. I had to use task manager to kill Radio ... and Excel
        > then immediate came back to life.
        >
        > 2. Upon re-launching Radio it immediately went to 100% utilization for over
        > 40 minutes ... I went to bed.
        >
        > 3. When I woke up, it had completed whatever it was doing, and had the
        > following error on the Radio application:
        >
        > "Can't find a sub-table named "Item #1".
        >
        > 4. I clicked the "Goto" button, and got to:
        >
        > system.verbs.builtins.log.getGuestSubTable
        >
        > The line was: local (adrsubtable = @[f] [1].[logname])
        >
        > I am still seeing the problem of not properly publishing the home page also
        > ... it seems that things are just corrupted or something.
        >
        > Not sure if any of this is of any value ... nor if there is any methodical
        > way to track down problems like this. The behaviors just appear to be buggy
        >

        > Scott C. Lemon

        Steve Kirks
        Product Manager, Radio UserLand
        http://steve.userland.com/