need help with my radio install

  • Donovan Watts
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2004
      Hi. My install of Radio has been messed up for more than a month and
      I'm tired of trying to fix it. What's wrong with it? Well, many things;
      it won't publish changed pages unless I restart Radio; when I try
      compacting data files, it gets hung up on weblogsComData.root; nightly
      I get an error that one of my posts is not correct; I can't even send
      an email of my config cause I get an error message.

      I could go into more details but there seems to be so much messed up
      that I don't know where to begin. Andy Fragen spent about an hour going
      over my woes and we didn't get anywhere.

      I'm out of ideas. Can someone please tell me what I should do to get
      back on track? Thanks very much for any help.

      --
      donovan
    • Matt Mower
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2004
        Hi Donovan,

        On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:01:47 -0700, Donovan Watts <d@...> wrote:
        > I'm out of ideas. Can someone please tell me what I should do to get
        > back on track? Thanks very much for any help.

        If it were me I would probably not attempt to resuscitate Radio any
        further, it sounds badly messed up. I would probably do the following:

        1) zip up a copy of what you have now and put it somewhere safe
        2) make a copy of the files Radio backup makes and keep them to hand somewhere
        3) nuke the radio folder
        4) download a fresh copy of Radio and install
        5) put the backup files in the right place
        6) restore

        I've not used the Radio backup/restore so far but your situation
        sounds desparate enough to indicate that you should probably
        experiment with it.

        http://radio.userland.com/userGuide/reference/maintenanceAndBackups/weblogBackupAndRestore

        Hope this may help a little.

        Matt

        --
        Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/
      • Donovan Watts
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2004
          I think I"ll follow your advice, Matt. Thanks for your input.

          --
          donovan
        • Andy Fragen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
            Donovan,

            If you're still having problems you may want to try a clean reinstall.

            --
            Andy Fragen