Atom API: Need work around for missing SHA1 in usertalk

  • Steve Hooker
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
      I need to something like string.hashMd5 () but rather string.hashSha1 () so I can create the correct authentication to get the Atom API to work. If anybody can think of a work around, I'm on win2k, or knows of something I'm missing...

      I know there's a javascript version.

      From Mark Pilgrim's Atom Authentication: Bob's password digest is Base64(SHA1 ("d36e316282959a9ed4c89851497a717f" + "2003-12-15T14:43:07Z" + "taadtaadpstcsm")), which is "quR/EWLAV4xLf9Zqyw4pDmfV90Y=". Most languages have built-in libraries to create SHA-1 hashes and to encode strings in Base64 format.

      But not Frontier?
    • Andre Radke
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
        Hi Steve,

        >I need to something like string.hashMd5 () but rather
        >string.hashSha1 () so I can create the correct authentication to get
        >the Atom API to work. If anybody can think of a work around, I'm on
        >win2k, or knows of something I'm missing...

        http://www.spicynoodles.net/projects/crypto.html

        It has been a while since I last used this myself, so I am not sure
        it is still functional. If you encounter any problems, just let me
        know.

        HTH,

        -Andre
      • Steve Hooker
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
          Ah! You're a prince! Worked perfectly, just the job. Much neater than
          twiddling around in com.callScript
          Worked a treat on that Mark Pilgrim's example.
          Thanks Andre, hope you're well dude ;-)