Callbacks are deleted on startup?

  • Andrew Grumet
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      A while back I posted about my callbacks disappearing. I have a bit more data. I am able to reproduce the behavior by exiting and then starting up Radio. It's happening for two different callbacks, that my Tools install in these locations

      user.callbacks.opInsert
      user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure

      Is this normal behavior? Should my Tools be hooking into a Radio startup event and adding their callbacks at that time?

      Thanks,
      Andrew
    • mlmauller
      Message 2 of 11 , May 6, 2004
        --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Grumet <aegrumet@m...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > A while back I posted about my callbacks disappearing. I have a bit
        more data. I am able to reproduce the behavior by exiting and then
        starting up Radio. It's happening for two different callbacks, that
        my Tools install in these locations

        > user.callbacks.opInsert
        > user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure
        >
        > Is this normal behavior? Should my Tools be hooking into a Radio
        startup event and adding their callbacks at that time?

        > Thanks,
        > Andrew

        I already have a callback for BitTorrent in
        user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure - doesn't disappear; just did a
        test by adding two dummy callbacks in downloadEnclosure and opInsert,
        quit radio and restarted, and they didn't go away. I'm on RU 8.0.9b
        talking to a local rcs on Frontier; OSX 10.3.3 - so disappearing isn't
        normal behavior, at least OMM
      • Jake Savin
        Message 3 of 11 , May 6, 2004
          Hi Andrew,

          What's the name of your tool? What are the callbacks called? It's
          possible that the callbacks (or rather wrappers for them in
          user.callbacks) are being deleted because of a naming conflict. It's
          been a while since I've done any work in this area, but it shouldn't be
          too difficult to track down, if this is what's happening.

          -Jake

          On May 6, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > A while back I posted about my callbacks disappearing. I have a bit
          > more data. I am able to reproduce the behavior by exiting and then
          > starting up Radio. It's happening for two different callbacks, that
          > my Tools install in these locations
          >
          > user.callbacks.opInsert
          > user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure
          >
          > Is this normal behavior? Should my Tools be hooking into a Radio
          > startup event and adding their callbacks at that time?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Andrew

        • Andrew Grumet
          Message 4 of 11 , May 6, 2004
            Hi Jake,

            The tools are: myWeblogOutliner and bitTorrentIntegration.

            The callback addresses are are installed at

            user.callbacks.opInsert.myWeblogOutliner
            user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure.bitTorrentIntegration

            The addresses point to

            myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid
            bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosureCallback

            ...appropriately prefixed by their respective .root files.

            I'm running RU 8.0.8 on WinXP.

            Thanks,
            Andrew

            At 03:47 PM 5/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
            >Hi Andrew,
            >
            >What's the name of your tool? What are the callbacks called? It's
            >possible that the callbacks (or rather wrappers for them in
            >user.callbacks) are being deleted because of a naming conflict. It's
            >been a while since I've done any work in this area, but it shouldn't be
            >too difficult to track down, if this is what's happening.
            >
            >-Jake
            >
            >On May 6, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:
            >
            >> Hi everyone,
            >>
            >> A while back I posted about my callbacks disappearing. I have a bit
            >> more data. I am able to reproduce the behavior by exiting and then
            >> starting up Radio. It's happening for two different callbacks, that
            >> my Tools install in these locations
            >>
            >> user.callbacks.opInsert
            >> user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure
            >>
            >> Is this normal behavior? Should my Tools be hooking into a Radio
            >> startup event and adding their callbacks at that time?
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >> Andrew

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jake Savin
            Message 5 of 11 , May 6, 2004
              And just to be clear, these callbacks are installed by what code,
              running at what time? It's your code that actually installs them,
              correct?

              I think what you may want to do is put a wrapper script for
              myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid at
              myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert. This should install the
              address of the wrapper script into user.callbacks.opInsert
              automatically, when the myWeblogOutliner tool is installed by Radio.

              The bitTorrentIntegration callback script should be installed
              automatically when your bitTorrentIntegration tool is installed by
              Rado.

              If you need to step through the Tools installation code, you can start
              here:

              system.verbs.builtins.Frontier.tools.install

              -Jake

              On May 6, 2004, at 4:44 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:

              > Hi Jake,
              >
              > The tools are: myWeblogOutliner and bitTorrentIntegration.
              >
              > The callback addresses are are installed at
              >
              > user.callbacks.opInsert.myWeblogOutliner
              > user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure.bitTorrentIntegration
              >
              > The addresses point to
              >
              > myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid
              > bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosureCallback
              >
              > ...appropriately prefixed by their respective .root files.
              >
              > I'm running RU 8.0.8 on WinXP.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Andrew
              >

              > At 03:47 PM 5/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
              >> Hi Andrew,
              >>
              >> What's the name of your tool? What are the callbacks called? It's
              >> possible that the callbacks (or rather wrappers for them in
              >> user.callbacks) are being deleted because of a naming conflict. It's
              >> been a while since I've done any work in this area, but it shouldn't
              >> be
              >> too difficult to track down, if this is what's happening.
              >>
              >> -Jake
              >>
              >> On May 6, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hi everyone,
              >>>
              >>> A while back I posted about my callbacks disappearing. I have a bit
              >>> more data. I am able to reproduce the behavior by exiting and then
              >>> starting up Radio. It's happening for two different callbacks, that
              >>> my Tools install in these locations
              >>>
              >>> user.callbacks.opInsert
              >>> user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure
              >>>
              >>> Is this normal behavior? Should my Tools be hooking into a Radio
              >>> startup event and adding their callbacks at that time?
              >>>
              >>> Thanks,
              >>> Andrew
              >>>

              >>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              >>>

              >> Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Andrew Grumet
              Message 6 of 11 , May 6, 2004
                Ah, okay, I think I misunderstood how callbacks work. It sounds like a) they must be installed at startup time, each time, but that b) you can have Frontier do this for you automatically by placing the scripts in systematic locations.

                Removing my custom-installation code and placing the callbacks at

                myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert
                bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosure

                fixed the problem. In the latter case, the callback is actually "downloadEnclosure" but I had named my function "downloadEnclosureCallback" so it wasn't auto-installing.

                Jake, thank you!

                -Andrew

              • Jake Savin
                Message 7 of 11 , May 7, 2004
                  Your current understanding is correct. Glad this worked for you,
                  Andrew. Cheers, -Jake

                  On May 6, 2004, at 9:40 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:

                  > Ah, okay, I think I misunderstood how callbacks work. It sounds like
                  > a) they must be installed at startup time, each time, but that b) you
                  > can have Frontier do this for you automatically by placing the scripts
                  > in systematic locations.
                  >
                  > Removing my custom-installation code and placing the callbacks at
                  >
                  > myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert
                  > bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosure
                  >
                  > fixed the problem. In the latter case, the callback is actually
                  > "downloadEnclosure" but I had named my function
                  > "downloadEnclosureCallback" so it wasn't auto-installing.
                  >
                  > Jake, thank you!
                  >
                  > -Andrew
                  >

                  > At 05:15 PM 5/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                  >> And just to be clear, these callbacks are installed by what code,
                  >> running at what time? It's your code that actually installs them,
                  >> correct?
                  >>
                  >> I think what you may want to do is put a wrapper script for
                  >> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid at
                  >> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert. This should install the
                  >> address of the wrapper script into user.callbacks.opInsert
                  >> automatically, when the myWeblogOutliner tool is installed by Radio.
                  >>
                  >> The bitTorrentIntegration callback script should be installed
                  >> automatically when your bitTorrentIntegration tool is installed by
                  >> Rado.
                  >>
                  >> If you need to step through the Tools installation code, you can start
                  >> here:
                  >>
                  >> system.verbs.builtins.Frontier.tools.install
                  >>
                  >> -Jake
                  >>
                  >> On May 6, 2004, at 4:44 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Hi Jake,
                  >>>
                  >>> The tools are: myWeblogOutliner and bitTorrentIntegration.
                  >>>
                  >>> The callback addresses are are installed at
                  >>>
                  >>> user.callbacks.opInsert.myWeblogOutliner
                  >>> user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure.bitTorrentIntegration
                  >>>
                  >>> The addresses point to
                  >>>
                  >>> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid
                  >>> bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosureCallback
                  >>>
                  >>> ...appropriately prefixed by their respective .root files.
                  >>>
                  >>> I'm running RU 8.0.8 on WinXP.
                  >>>
                  >>> Thanks,
                  >>> Andrew

                  >>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  >>>

                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >>

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Scott C. Lemon
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 10, 2004
                    I have the classic error ... Showing up on my category web pages. ;-(

                    [Macro error: The file "C:\Program Files\Radio
                    UserLand\www\categories\warblading\#prefs.txt" wasn't found.]

                    I have slowly been working on my category templates and sites, and ran the
                    tests this weekend ... And they fail with this error. And, of course, the
                    file(s) are all there.

                    I have read numerous posts about how to solve this, however nothing has
                    worked. You can see the resulting page here:
                    http://the.inevitable.org/anism/categories/warblading/index.html

                    The #prefs.txt *is* there and contains:

                    #categoryName "WarBlading"

                    The indext.txt *is* there and contains:

                    #flHomePage true
                    #flArchivePage false
                    <%radio.macros.viewWeblog ()%>

                    I also have the #template, and the #day, #home, and #item templates present.

                    How do I go about debugging this? Any suggestions on what the issue is? I
                    have ~20 categories and each represents a different web site ... Some free,
                    some for pay/consulting. This was one of the features that had me upgrade
                    to Radio 8 ...

                    Thanks!

                    Scott C. Lemon

                    Your current understanding is correct. Glad this worked for you,
                    Andrew. Cheers, -Jake

                    On May 6, 2004, at 9:40 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:

                    > Ah, okay, I think I misunderstood how callbacks work. It sounds like
                    > a) they must be installed at startup time, each time, but that b) you
                    > can have Frontier do this for you automatically by placing the scripts
                    > in systematic locations.
                    >
                    > Removing my custom-installation code and placing the callbacks at
                    >
                    > myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert
                    > bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosure
                    >
                    > fixed the problem. In the latter case, the callback is actually
                    > "downloadEnclosure" but I had named my function
                    > "downloadEnclosureCallback" so it wasn't auto-installing.
                    >
                    > Jake, thank you!
                    >
                    > -Andrew
                    >

                    > At 05:15 PM 5/6/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                    >> And just to be clear, these callbacks are installed by what code,
                    >> running at what time? It's your code that actually installs them,
                    >> correct?
                    >>
                    >> I think what you may want to do is put a wrapper script for
                    >> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid at
                    >> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.callbacks.user.opInsert. This should install
                    >> the address of the wrapper script into user.callbacks.opInsert
                    >> automatically, when the myWeblogOutliner tool is installed by Radio.
                    >>
                    >> The bitTorrentIntegration callback script should be installed
                    >> automatically when your bitTorrentIntegration tool is installed by
                    >> Rado.
                    >>
                    >> If you need to step through the Tools installation code, you can
                    >> start
                    >> here:
                    >>
                    >> system.verbs.builtins.Frontier.tools.install
                    >>
                    >> -Jake
                    >>
                    >> On May 6, 2004, at 4:44 PM, Andrew Grumet wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> Hi Jake,
                    >>>
                    >>> The tools are: myWeblogOutliner and bitTorrentIntegration.
                    >>>
                    >>> The callback addresses are are installed at
                    >>>
                    >>> user.callbacks.opInsert.myWeblogOutliner
                    >>> user.radio.callbacks.downloadEnclosure.bitTorrentIntegration
                    >>>
                    >>> The addresses point to
                    >>>
                    >>> myWeblogOutlinerSuite.updateHeadlineGid
                    >>> bitTorrentIntegrationSuite.callbacks.radio.downloadEnclosureCallback
                    >>>
                    >>> ...appropriately prefixed by their respective .root files.
                    >>>
                    >>> I'm running RU 8.0.8 on WinXP.
                    >>>
                    >>> Thanks,
                    >>> Andrew

                    >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >>

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Steve Hooker
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
                      I need to something like string.hashMd5 () but rather string.hashSha1 () so I can create the correct authentication to get the Atom API to work. If anybody can think of a work around, I'm on win2k, or knows of something I'm missing...

                      I know there's a javascript version.

                      From Mark Pilgrim's Atom Authentication: Bob's password digest is Base64(SHA1 ("d36e316282959a9ed4c89851497a717f" + "2003-12-15T14:43:07Z" + "taadtaadpstcsm")), which is "quR/EWLAV4xLf9Zqyw4pDmfV90Y=". Most languages have built-in libraries to create SHA-1 hashes and to encode strings in Base64 format.

                      But not Frontier?
                    • Andre Radke
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
                        Hi Steve,

                        >I need to something like string.hashMd5 () but rather
                        >string.hashSha1 () so I can create the correct authentication to get
                        >the Atom API to work. If anybody can think of a work around, I'm on
                        >win2k, or knows of something I'm missing...

                        http://www.spicynoodles.net/projects/crypto.html

                        It has been a while since I last used this myself, so I am not sure
                        it is still functional. If you encounter any problems, just let me
                        know.

                        HTH,

                        -Andre
                      • Steve Hooker
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 9, 2004
                          Ah! You're a prince! Worked perfectly, just the job. Much neater than
                          twiddling around in com.callScript
                          Worked a treat on that Mark Pilgrim's example.
                          Thanks Andre, hope you're well dude ;-)