RE: [radio-dev] Radio isn't using publishItem callbacks

  • Lawrence Lee
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 15, 2004
      It's used by the Trackback feature so it should be operational. You can find
      the callbacks called in radio.weblog.render.

      Lawrence

    • Rogers Cadenhead
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2004
        --- Lawrence Lee <lawrence@...> wrote:
        > It's used by the Trackback feature so it should be
        > operational. You can find
        > the callbacks called in radio.weblog.render.

        Thanks.

        It's odd that I didn't find it in several searches of
        Radio.root. Should I be worried about the integrity of
        my database?
      • Lawrence Lee
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2004
          Try this. Choose Developers->Jump. Enter "radio" click ok.

          Do a search for publishItem and see if you get any matches.

          Depending how much data you have in your root, sometimes it's easier to run
          the search on a branch of the root...

          Lawrence

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 18, 2004
            --- Lawrence Lee <lawrence@...> wrote:
            > Try this. Choose Developers->Jump. Enter "radio"
            > click ok.

            > Do a search for publishItem and see if you get any
            > matches.

            That worked. Thanks. I'm not sure what was going on
            with a root-wide search, but it is kinda dense to do
            it that way since I know the code's somewhere in that
            radio table.
          • Scott C. Lemon
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2004
              Ok ... Now I've done something bad ... ;-)

              I almost have my templates completely restored ... When I got them to a
              certain point, I could no longer see the "editorsOnlyMenu" ... Since my
              background was white ... And the font of this menu is white.

              I then went into system.verbs.builtins.radio.macros.editorsOnlyMenu and saw
              - on the first line - that "color" was being defined as #FFFFFF# or white.
              So I changed this value to #000000# and then clicked compile ... So far so
              good.

              I then went back to my browser and hit refresh ... And Radio GPFs and
              crashes.

              I ran it again, and now I am getting extremely erratic behavior ... And
              constant hard crashes ... Windows XP pops up the 'error report' dialog ...

              I was able to go back in and see that the change that I made did not seem to
              take ... The #FFFFFF# is still there ...

              I am unable to now run Radio ... It seems completely unstable ... Crashing
              unpredictably when simple click through the prefs, etc.

              Ideas? Where do I look?

              Scott C. Lemon

              It's used by the Trackback feature so it should be operational. You can find
              the callbacks called in radio.weblog.render.

              Lawrence

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Scott C. Lemon
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2004
                I figured it out ...

                I had created a new opening "body" tag at the beginning of my home-page
                template. The entire tag was contained within the macro tags "<% %>" so
                that I could use a macro to reference the background image that I was
                specifying. I later commented this entire macro ... And there is something
                that Radio did not like about this big commented macro tag.

                Once I deleted this commented code ... Since I wasn't using it anyhow ... I
                no longer have had the crashes! Weird that Radio would blow up on commented
                HTML ...

                Scott C. Lemon

                It's used by the Trackback feature so it should be operational. You can find
                the callbacks called in radio.weblog.render.

                Lawrence

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Links