Struct within a struct not supported by SOAP client for Radio & Frontier?

  • Roland Tanglao
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      I am trying to invoke the E-xact transaction processing web service
      using the SOAP client for Radio and Frontier and it doesn't work! I
      think this is because: i) The Radio and Frontier SOAP client doesn't
      support encoding a struct within a
      struct OR ii) I don't know how to write the UserTalk to do this

      If anybody can tell me whether the SOAP client for Radio and Frontier
      supports encoding a struct within a struct or how to code this in
      UserTalk, please respond to this post or email me at roland AT
      rolandtanglao.com

      For the full details (including WSDL and my UserTalk code), please
      check out:
      http://developer.e-xact.com/2003/06/03#a167

      Cheers!

      ...Roland
    • Roland Tanglao
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        My UserTalk code was wrong as helpfully pointed out by Roger Turner
        [1]. Thanks Roger!

        It now looks like the problem is I don't know how to send send
        compound types w the href pointing to another parameter [2].

        After some more digging, I think my problem with the SOAP client for
        Radio and Fronter working with the E-xact Transaction Processing Web
        Service is: How does one write code in UserTalk that sends a compound
        type with an href and an id (as defined in 5.4.1 Compound Values,
        Structs and References to Values of the SOAP 1.1 Spec) that points to
        another parameter? Is this supported? More details at:
        http://developer.e-xact.com/2003/06/04#a171

        Cheers!
        ...Roland
        [1] http://developer.e-xact.com/2003/06/04#a170