Re: [radio-dev] Digest Number 571

  • Emmanuel. M. Decarie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2002
      > Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:34:54 -0000
      > From: "Matt Mower" <mmower@...>
      >Subject: Re: Dynamic shortcuts
      >
      >This won't work for me as the replacement text is (a) different for
      >each category and (b) open to change.

      Hello Matt,

      There is BIG shortcoming in Radio for filtering text and I don't see
      any fixes coming. I wrote about it at great length on the dev list.

      Essentially, user.radio.callbacks.upstreamGetUpstreamText is broken,
      so you are in a catch 22 situation, you can get the text before it
      get transformed by radio.upstream.getUpstreamText from this callback,
      but you won't be able after getting the text to transform it with
      radio.upstream.getUpstreamText.

      Anyway, for your particular problem, what I'll do is to write a
      customdriver at user.radio.drivers. From there its easy to filter
      text before anything get upstreamed, and its easy also to use
      radio.upstream.getUpstreamText to transform the text once you had
      made your mods on it.

      HTH

      Cheers
      -Emmanuel
      Emmanuel D├ęcarie / Programmation pour le Web - Programming for the Web
      Frontier - Perl - PHP - Javascript - XML <http://scriptdigital.com/>