Re: Sample aggregator API client

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2002
      --- In radio-dev@y..., Jake Savin <jake@u...> wrote:
      > Here's a very simple sample application in JavaScript which gets
      > recent news items from Radio using XML-RPC, and displays them in the
      > browser.

      The error-handling function in this application is missing an
      argument. I get an "e not defined" when I test it.

      XMLRPC.onerror = function () {
      alert (e);
      return true;
      }

      I'm guessing this is correct:

      XMLRPC.onerror = function (e) {
      alert (e);
      return true;
      }

      With my change, I get an "object error" alert when I try this. I'm
      also getting "access denied" errors when I try the test scripts in
      apiTesting.testItems() in Radio Userland and "access denied" errors
      when I try to reach the XML-RPC aggregator from Java as well.

      I can't figure out why the new XML-RPC interface is rejecting attempts
      with the username and password I have set up. Everything looks OK in
      the prefs.