Re: [radio-dev] Digest Number 556

  • Emmanuel. M. Decarie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2002
      À (At) 13:29 +0000 10/11/02, radio-dev@yahoogroups.com écrivait (wrote) :
      > Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:30:00 -0500
      > From: Mike Alexander <mta@...>
      >Subject: sys.appIsRunning on Mac OS X
      >
      >I'm running Radio 8.0.8 on Mac OS X 10.2.1 and it appears that in that
      >environment sys.appIsRunning() always returns true no matter what you give
      >it. I've tried both app signatures that I know don't exist and strings
      >that don't correspond to any existing application and in all cases it
      >returns true.

      Can you provide some code please.

      >I suspect this verb isn't used much, but I have a periodic
      >script that does use it. I'm not sure exactly when this script stopped
      >working since its use of appIsRunning isn't normally critical and I didn't
      >notice right away that it is broken.

      You might try a work around in AppleScript. See this message from
      Matt Neuburg, maybe it will give you some ideas.

      <http://lists.userland.com/pipermail/frontier-users/2002-September/005270.html>

      HTH

      Cheers
      -Emmanuel

      Emmanuel Décarie / Programmation pour le Web - Programming for the Web
      Frontier - Perl - PHP - Javascript - XML <http://scriptdigital.com/>