Re: [radio-dev] How do you test if a script is compiled?

  • Seth Dillingham
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 23, 2002
      On 10/22/02, Eric Soroos said:

      >You can also check in uncompiled scripts, if they've been previously
      >been checked out.

      It doesn't matter. When you check a script in, the compiled code
      object on the server is deleted and the script is compiled when it is
      run.

      >I'd suspect that save-a-copy can also save uncompiled scripts.

      Non-issue. When you open a .root full of scripts, none of them are
      compiled... they're each compiled the first time they're run.

      It's not easy to get the script text and the compiled object out of
      sync, and that's a very good thing. The obvious ways to do it are to
      change a script and then close it without compiling (even when it
      reminds you), or to run a search-and-replace-all on all on an entire
      table which contains scripts. There might be something else, but I'm
      not sure what it is.

      Seth