ANN: utils tool update

  • Matt Mower
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2002
      Hi folks,

      I have uploaded a new version of my utilities tool for Radio/Frontier
      (available from http://radio.weblogs.com/0107808/gems/tools/utils.root).
      This adds a "Make Root" function which will ensure that all scripts in
      the target root are compiled and produce an error report if there are
      any problems. Although it's misnamed (it's actually closer to Rebuild
      All than Make) it doesn't seem to be too slow, so far (P4 1.6GHz 1Gb RAM
      WinXP).

      Of some small additional use may be that I have broken out the object
      search feature (which is used to implement the Find feature) so that it
      can be more easily re-used in other contexts. Check out
      utilsSuite.findObjectEx() if you think that may have some use for you.

      Regards,

      matt

      ----
      Knowledge is possibly the most valuable corporate asset, yet most
      corporations have no strategy at all for managing it.

      Consider this scenario: All your employees quit today and tomorrow you
      get new people with the same basic skills and aptitudes. How much of
      the knowledge required to do their jobs is available in your knowledge
      systems?

      Knowledge-logging is a radical approach to gaining control of corporate
      knowledge. For more information visit our website or contact me
      directly.

      web: http://www.novissio.com/
      weblog: http://radio.weblogs.com/0107808/