Pinging Movable Type

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      I had a few cycles to spare this afternoon, so I decided to write a script
      to ping a Movable Type trackback [1] server for geeky Radio and Manila
      users.

      ***How to

      1. Download the script [2].

      2. Open it in Radio or Frontier.

      3. Scroll to the bottom, edit the test code, fill in the URL of one of your
      posts, and your blogname, etc.

      4. Click on Run.

      5. It should have pinged this message [3] on my MT site.

      6. When you want to ping another site, change the pingurl.

      7. For extra credit, do a great Tool-based UI for this. Heh.

      [1] http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mttrackback.html
      [2]
      http://radio.weblogs.com/0001015/userland/scratchpad/workspace.mtTrackBackPi
      ng.ftsc