Redirecting RSS Feeds: user Experience

  • Doug Kaye
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2002
      I indicated a dead RSS feed using an empty <newLocation/> tag. I updated
      Radio.root.

      I tried to subscribe to the feed:
      http://www.rds.com/doug/weblogs/blogTheOrganization/rss.xml

      I received an error message: Can't subscribe to the channel. The most likely
      cure is to check the URL in a web browser and see if you can get it to read
      the feed. The following message probably won't help you figure out what went
      wrong, but we include it here because it might. "Can't split the URL because
      it is not of the form 'http://www.server.com/hello.html'."

      Can't subscribe to the channel. The most likely cure is to check the URL in
      a web browser and see if you can get it to read the feed. The following
      message probably won't help you figure out what went wrong, but we include
      it here because it might. "Hey, don't bother checking the URL. You are
      already subscribed to this feed. Why would you want to subscribe to it
      twice? ;->"

      And it doesn't appear as though the redirected subscription is added.

      ...doug

      Doug Kaye
      doug@...
      www.rds.com