xmlrpi.py

  • Mark Paschal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2002
      I'm not sure if anyone was actually intending to use something like this
      for the IM pubsub stuff, but I wrote a Python script that uses Jamie
      Turner's PyTOC module to do XML-RPI over AIM:

      http://markpasc.org/code/xmlrpi/xmlrpi.py

      Here's Radio showing that xmlrpi.py (before I renamed it and cleaned it up
      some) was able to receive the RPI and send one back:

      http://markpasc.org/code/xmlrpi/stateTheState.png

      I wasn't sure how to make it respond to functions with dots in the name, as
      I made it use real methods of a subclass unlike the real xmlrpclib--so it
      doesn't. At least on Windows the PyTOC routines seem to eat the
      KeyboardInterrupt exception, so you can't just ctrl-C out of the program
      when it's running. It has a little protection against feedback loops (which
      I'm glad I put in, since I have Radio respond to unintelligible tcp.im
      messages with an error message, and it would've caused one otherwise).
      Doubtless it could be adapted to use jabber.py as well, but I don't have
      Jabber accounts to debug it with, so I couldn't.

      But other than that, it works nicely.
      --
      Mark Paschal
      markpasc@...