Re: Behaviour of table.rename()

  • mowerm
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2002
      --- In radio-dev@y..., "mowerm" <matt_mower@h...> wrote:
      > I am wondering about the behaviour of table.rename()

      Okay maybe I should have known this... table names aren't case
      sensitive...

      Doh!
    • Seth Dillingham
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21, 2002
        On 8/21/02, mowerm said:

        >for adrItem in adrItems
        > if( nameOf( adrItem^ ) != string.lower( nameOf( adrItem^ ) ) )
        > table.rename( adrItem, string.lower( nameOf( adrItem^ ) ) )
        >
        >but it doesn't actually seem to change the name.
        >
        >Does anyone else see this?

        It's because table names are not case sensitive, so Radio is comparing the current name with the name you're trying to change it to and seeing them as the same, so it doesn't do anything.

        If you want to change a name to lower case, you have to chane it to something else first, like this:

        local ( name = string.lower( nameOf( adrItem^ ) ) )
        table.rename( adrItem, name + "_" )
        table.rename( @parentOf( adrItem^ )^.[ name + "_" ], name )

        Seth
      • mowerm
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2002
          Hi Seth,

          --- In radio-dev@y..., Seth Dillingham <seth@m...> wrote:
          > If you want to change a name to lower case, you have to chane it
          to something else first, like this:

          > local ( name = string.lower( nameOf( adrItem^ ) ) )
          > table.rename( adrItem, name + "_" )
          > table.rename( @parentOf( adrItem^ )^.[ name + "_" ], name )

          Thanks for the tip.

          Regards,