Default Browser

  • Doug Kaye
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2002
      I was mucking about with browsers, trying Mozilla 1.1, etc. Now when Radio
      starts, it displays a Windows file dialog box asking me where my default
      browser lives. I does this every time I restart Radio.

      How can I permanently tell Radio where to find IE?

      Thanks.

      ...doug

      Doug Kaye
      doug@...
      www.rds.com
    • sjoerd_visscher
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2002
        I have the same thing. It was fixed for a while, but then the dialog
        returned, with filetype *.clickers
        I have no idea what that is.
        Oh, and I actually want Radio to use Mozilla, not IE.

        Sjoerd
      • masukomi
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2002
          I did... no effect.

          On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 06:47 PM, Jake Savin wrote:

          > Try using Radio->Utilities->Compact Data Files to rebuild your
          > weblogData.root. -Jake
          >
          > On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at 02:56 PM, masukomi wrote:
          >
          >> created a new category
          >> index.html says
          >>
          >> [Macro error: Can't load the table "weblogData.posts" into memory
          >> because an error was encountered: "Error unpacking "text": Unknown
          >> error".]
          >>
          >> BUT the 2002/07/31.html file is perfect.
          >>
          >> tried adding and deleting posts and the results are always the same.

          >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Matt Mower
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
            --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, "sjoerd_visscher"
            <sjoerd_visscher@h...> wrote:
            > I have the same thing. It was fixed for a while, but then the
            dialog
            > returned, with filetype *.clickers
            > I have no idea what that is.
            > Oh, and I actually want Radio to use Mozilla, not IE.
            >
            > Sjoerd

            I have been having the same problem since I switched to Mozilla as my
            main browser. I've also realised this is the reason why I find Radio
            does not publish items I write.

            Recently i've been noticing that I have to go into Radio to force it
            to publish an item I write just after I start Radio up. Of course I
            get the dialog asking me to choose browser and I double click
            Mozilla.exe for the hundredth time!

            Now that the pattern is clear I am sure it is because it is waiting
            for me to confirm browser that the item doesn't get published.

            Does anyone know how to get Radio to learn that the browser is where I
            tell it and not keep asking!?!

            I'd be very happy.

            Thanks,

            Matt
          • Lawrence Lee
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 18, 2003
              There's a workaround posted here:

              http://radio.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$12917#13098

              Lawrence

            • Matt Mower
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 19, 2003
                Hi Lawrence,

                Lawrence Lee wrote:
                > There's a workaround posted here:
                >
                > http://radio.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$12917#13098

                That seems to have done the trick :) I'm grateful, thank you.

                Regards,

                Matt