8421Re: File system monitoring (for improved upstreaming)

  • Marc Barrot
    Jul 5, 2005
      --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Matt Mower <matt.mower@g...> wrote:
      > On my system (10.4.1) man 'kqueue' gives
      >
      > NAME
      > kqueue, kevent -- kernel event notification mechanism
      >
      > LIBRARY
      > Standard C Library (libc, -lc)

      I checked my 10.3.9 system (still haven't found time to instal the
      Tiger I bought from Apple :-), and it is fully documented in there as
      well.

      The next step is to verify that filesystem updates are kqueue enabled
      when using Apple's HFS+ file system. Hmmm... Not too sure about that one.

      I suspect the only way to be sure is going to try it with a tiny test
      app that displays an alert whenever the content of some watch over
      folder is modified.

      Any takers ?

      Marc
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic