8412Re: [radio-dev] Re: Updated: Radio 8.1 Upstreaming Beta

  • Matt Mower
    Jun 23, 2005
      On 6/23/05, Marc Barrot <marc@...> wrote:
      > --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Matt Mower <matt.mower@g...> wrote:
      > > There wasn't a lot of thought behind it. I just thought that, if a
      > > user wants to change the default for a folder, messing about with
      > > tables & callbacks isn't ideal.
      >
      > Ok, the short answer is: if you are a Radio user, you don't want to
      > change the upstreaming mechanism, it's too delicate.

      Maybe I misunderstood. I thought this was about varying the period
      between upstreaming checks, no? So my suggestion was that, if a user
      wanted (for whatever reason) a specific folder to have a different
      interval, adding a #prefs.txt entry should be a whole lot more
      palatable than fiddling with Usertalk or the db.

      Maybe i'm barking up the wrong tree though?

      > BTW, remember this ? I didn't :-)

      It might as well have been someone else for all I remember of the
      incident. I have to say that, since I stopped treating Radio as a
      developer tool and just use it to write posts, I've had less problems.

      Matt Mower :: http://matt.blogs.it/
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic