8402Re: Updated: Radio 8.1 Upstreaming Beta

  • Peter Breuls
    Jun 22, 2005
      I think he's running the My Pictures tool:
      http://radio.userland.com/userGuide/reference/tools/myPicturesTool

      It does exactly that: watch a folder and move every image that's
      dropped there into the www/images/YYYY/MM/DD folder.

      Peter

      --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kirks <steve.kirks@g...> wrote:
      > Radio upstream folder--do you mean the 'www/images' folder? Do you
      > have a custom script or tool that moves images into date-based
      > folders?
      >
      > Steve
      >

      > On 6/22/05, jaksonofjack <iJak@m...> wrote:
      > > .
      > >
      > > Well Lawrence,
      > >
      > > Thank you for the work. ...
      > >
      > > As of now I have installed the update, and my streaming seems to
      mostly
      > > work for the
      > > normally scheduled upstream files, like the .opml files. ...
      > >
      > > I was interested in upstreaming images, so I tried that first. It
      did not
      > > work.
      > > What normally happens is that I place an image in the Radio Upstream
      > > folder, that images
      > > gets moved into a date heirachy of the images folder in the www
      folder. ...

      > > Excuse me. I thought it did not work at all, but it just took 30
      minutes
      > > for the image to
      > > upstream, and then open the Home page with the image html in place.
      > >
      > > I have placed another image in the upstream folder and am now
      waiting to
      > > see what
      > > happens.
      > > I have waited about 15 minutes since I placed the image in the
      folder. ...
      > > It has not yet
      > > upstreamed and updated the home page.
      > >
      > > Good night, I will revisit this tomorrow.
      > > Jack
      > >

      > > --- In radio-dev@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence Lee <lawrence@u...> wrote:
      > > > We made some changes to the upstreaming in Radio, adding some
      new scan
      > > > intervals for different folders. This reduces the load that
      Radio places
      > > on
      > > > the processor during each scan.
      > > >
      > > > *** New callbacks
      > > >
      > > > We also added 3 user callbacks, to accomodate 2 new projects, the
      > > Markdown
      > > > Tool and the Radio Factory
      > > >
      > > > user.radio.callbacks.adminMenu - called from radio.macros.adminMenu
      > > >
      > > > user.radio.callbacks.renderItem - called from
      > > radio.macros.weblogRecentPosts
      > > > and radio.trackback.ping
      > > >
      > > > user.radio.callbacks.renderStory - called from
      > > radio.webserver.buildPage
      > > >
      > > > *** How do I install it?
      > > >
      > > > Important: Quit Radio and backup the entire Radio UserLand
      folder. This
      > > is
      > > > good practice before installing any beta software or tools.
      > > >
      > > > 1. Download this file and save it to disk:
      > > >

      > > http://lawrence.userland.com/radioParts/upstreamingBeta08.fttb
      > > >
      > > > 2. Import the beta parts into Radio using the Open command in
      Radio's
      > > File
      > > > menu.
      > > >
      > > > 3. In the QuickScript window (Ctrl-;), run the following script:
      > > >
      > > > workspace.upstreamingBeta08.installer ()
      > > >
      > > > If you need to remove the beta parts, you can run the following
      command
      > > in a
      > > > QuickScript command to restore the original parts (prior to
      installing of
      > > > the beta parts):
      > > >
      > > > workspace.upstreamingBeta08.installer (false)

      > --
      > Steve Kirks
      > Product Manager, Radio UserLand
      > http://steve.userland.com/