I see that there aren't many people in this group yet, however I have a pressing

  • John McBride
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2008
      IDEA & That's to go to Ireland. I've never been
      I see myself living there, for the next couple of years
      Anyone behind me on this? If so , send me a message on here- thanks guys!
    • John McBride
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2008
        IDEA & That's to go to Ireland. I've never been
        I see myself living there, for the next couple of years
        Anyone behind me on this? If so , send me a message on here- thanks guys!
      • Stardust in Human Form
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2008
          Hi John (and otherfaeries),

          As a mattter of fact, I'm going to Ireland this summer. I'll
          fly into London June 10th on a frequent flyer fare, then do some
          research for my first book at the Egyptological collections in the
          museums in London, Oxford, Cambridge, etc., with a side trip
          to Stonehenge, on the way to Ireland.

          I'm hoping to celebrate the solstice in Ireland, with faeries
          would be great, although the only place I've heard of so far
          where they have a pagan circle with at least one faerie is
          in Cork. I may end up at Newgrange if I can find out more about
          it.

          I have a place to crash in Dublin with non-faerie friends
          where I'll meet up with my father, then after touring the
          Dublin pubs and other sites with him, we'll rent a car to
          head north stopping at ancient historical sites along the way
          to Ulster and Donegal where our family clan is having its
          reunion, this time commemorating the 400th anniversary of the
          death of our ancestor who died trying to prevent the Ulster
          plantation. Some O'Dochartaighs remained in Ireland and others
          fled to Spain, so when I did genetic testing, I found my
          closest living relative who has posted genetic testing results
          on my father's line is Pascual O'Dogherty, brother of the
          current clan head of the O'Dochartaighs, who currently lives
          in Spain.

          Besides being a fun trip and a chance to further heal the
          relationship with my father, the Irish part of the journey
          is also a research expedition for my second novel.

          What kind of trip to Ireland would you like to have?

          Perhaps we can exchange travel tips as we investigate further.

          Blessed be,

          Stardust