Re: [racewalking] Re: Mitcha and Trevor, the US Indoor champions (3.000m Walk)

  • Dave McGovern
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
      I think the lesson is: If you want something posted, POST IT!

      I posted the results of the Indoor men's and women's races to Facebook within an hour of the races. I don't really use the racewalk Yahoogroup much. Facebook is just a whole lot more interesting. Like all social media, the Yahoogroup is an organic thing; there is no top-down control (or at least there is no one person in charge of posting material. It ain't the New York TImes web site, for crying out loud!) USATF had the results and video links almost immediately. If you want to get results from a USATF event, go there, get the results and post them. Same goes for anything else in life. If you want something done, quit crying about it and do it!

      Rant over,

      DMcG

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
        I watched both races on Runnerspace.

        http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=25&do=videos&video_id=60157

        http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?event_id=25&do=videos&video_id=59967

        You'll have to cut and paste the links together before you slap it in your browser. Women's race was fantastic with Maria, Erin and Lauren in a tight pack most of the race. The only exciting part of the men's race was the Italian Stallion and Dobie Gillis battling it out again - unfortunately, the video feed switched before the final move.
        Allen

        --- In racewalking@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGovern <Rayzwocker@...> wrote:

        > I think the lesson is: If you want something posted, POST IT!
        >

        > I posted the results of the Indoor men's and women's races to Facebook within an hour of the races. I don't really use the racewalk Yahoogroup much. Facebook is just a whole lot more interesting. Like all social media, the Yahoogroup is an organic thing; there is no top-down control (or at least there is no one person in charge of posting material. It ain't the New York TImes web site, for crying out loud!) USATF had the results and video links almost immediately. If you want to get results from a USATF event, go there, get the results and post them. Same goes for anything else in life. If you want something done, quit crying about it and do it!
        >

        > Rant over,
        >

        > DMcG

      • Ray Sharp
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
          Just to clarify, as Tom addressed me in his reply yesterday, I was not the
          one complaining about the lack of re-posting results to the list. I was the
          one bragging about my time from 1984.

          Ray

          You'll have to cut and paste the links together before you slap it in your
          browser. Women's race was fantastic with Maria, Erin and Lauren in a tight
          pack most of the race. The only exciting part of the men's race was the
          Italian Stallion and Dobie Gillis battling it out again - unfortunately, the
          video feed switched before the final move.
          Allen

          --- In racewalking@yahoogroups.com <mailto:racewalking%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          Dave McGovern <Rayzwocker@...> wrote:

          > I think the lesson is: If you want something posted, POST IT!
          >

          > I posted the results of the Indoor men's and women's races to Facebook
          within an hour of the races. I don't really use the racewalk Yahoogroup
          much. Facebook is just a whole lot more interesting. Like all social media,
          the Yahoogroup is an organic thing; there is no top-down control (or at
          least there is no one person in charge of posting material. It ain't the New
          York TImes web site, for crying out loud!) USATF had the results and video
          links almost immediately. If you want to get results from a USATF event, go
          there, get the results and post them. Same goes for anything else in life.
          If you want something done, quit crying about it and do it!

          > Rant over,
          >

          > DMcG

          <mailto:racewalking-digest%40yahoogroups.com>

          _____

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
            So Ray, tell us about that race in 1984.

            (In exacting detail.)

            ;-)

            DMcG

            _____

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2012
              The day dawned cold and clear. Anticipation fluttered in my gut like a butterfly trapped in its cocoon, yearning to fly. This would be my date with destiny…

              --- In racewalking@yahoogroups.com <mailto:racewalking%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:racewalking%40yahoogroups.com>; ,

              _____