Northern 5000 m, Carnegie unofficial results

  • Drake, Andrew
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
      Jul 02, 2011 Race Walk Final - 04:59:32 PM
      Finish - Tom Bosworth - 20:17.57
      Finish - Brendan Boyce - 20:31.47
      Finish - Dom King - 21:44.66
      Finish - Johanna Jackson - 21:49.33
      Finish - Jamie Higgins u20 - 23:29.53
      Finish - Becky Collins - 27:30.08
      Finish - Daniel Waples u17- 27:40.59
      Finish - Lu Cardenas - 28:59.58
      Finish - Kayleigh Edge u20- 30:12.96
      Finish - Keith Richards- 30:32.77
      Stopped at: 05:30:05 PM [30:33.85]

      Novice 800 m Ellie Dooley u17 4:13

      NB official results to follow

      Andi

      Dr Andrew Drake
      UKA National Centre for Race Walking
      Carnegie Faculty
      Leeds Metropolitan University, UK

      Sent from my iPhone

    • C MCGRATH
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
        Gosh - that was quick!
        I'm waiting to see what my starting assessor makes of my multi-tasking today!
        Must flop on the settee and watch Wallender now - even if it is a repeat.

        Take care
        Cath

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2011
          Official results below from Saturday evening's Northern 5000 m Championships. Jo's time is ranked 6th in the World so far this year.

          Number

          First name

          Surname

          Club

          Time

          Senior Men 5000 m

          14

          Thomas

          Bosworth

          Tonbridge AC (U23)

          00:20:18 PB

          13

          Brendan

          Boyce

          Coventry Godiva Harriers (IRL)

          00:20:31 SB

          18

          Dominic

          King

          Colchester Harriers

          00:21:44< SB

          15

          Jamie

          Higgins

          Leeds City AC (U20)

          00:23:30 PB

          16

          Keith

          Richards

          Coventry Godiva Harriers (V65)

          00:30:32

          17

          Nathan

          Duncan

          Yorkshire RWC (U20)

          DNS

          U17 Men 5000 m

          12

          Daniel

          Waples

          Kettering

          00:27:39

          Number

          First name

          Surname

          Club

          Time

          Senior Women 5000 m

          20

          Johanna

          Jackson

          Middlesbrough & Cleveland AC

          00:21:49 SB

          21

          Rebecca

          Collins

          Medway & Maidstone AC (U23)

          00:27:30 PB

          22

          Lucero

          Cardenas

          University of Leeds (MEX) (U23)

          00:28:59 PB

          23

          Kayleigh

          Edge

          Redcar RWC (U20)

          00:30:13 SB

          Novice 800 m

          26

          Ellie

          Dooley

          Leeds City AC (U17)

          00:04:13

          Cheers,

          Andi

          Dr Andrew Drake
          Carnegie Director of Race Walking
          Leeds Metropolitan University, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QS, United Kingdom
          P: +44 (0)113 8123527 M: +44 (0)7824 482624 E: a.drake@...
          The UKA National Centre for Race Walking<http://www.uka.org.uk/world-class/npcs/>
          http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/sport/race_walking.htm

          [Carnegie_footer1]

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2011
            http://www.guardian.co.uk//sport/blog/2011/jul/07/tradition-sport-harry-pearson?mobile-redirect=false

            Andi

            Dr Andrew Drake
            UKA National Centre for Race Walking
            Carnegie Faculty
            Leeds Metropolitan University, UK

            Sent from my iPhone

          • Jack Mortland
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2011
              I would think the Guardian could at least get their facts straight. Their picture shows Ken Matthews after winning the gold at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Rome was in 1960. On the right is Vladimir Golubnichiy, who did win gold in Rome, but settled for bronze in Tokyo. Silver medalist Dieter Lindner is on the left. Those were good years for the British with Don Thompson's 50 Km gold and StanVickers' 20 Km silver in Rome and Paul Nihill's 50 Km silver along with Mathews gold in Tokyo.

              Jack Mortland
              Columbus, Ohio (17th to Mathews in Tokyo)
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 10, 2011
                Dear me, newspapers aren't there to get their facts right – especially if that would spoil an otherwise good story; they're there to sell advertising space!

                The author of the piece also doesn't seem to have heard of Jo Jackson.

                Peter Cassidy

                --- In racewalk@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Mortland" <jmortlan@...> wrote:

                > I would think the Guardian could at least get their facts straight. Their picture shows Ken Matthews after winning the gold at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964. Rome was in 1960. On the right is Vladimir Golubnichiy, who did win gold in Rome, but settled for bronze in Tokyo. Silver medalist Dieter Lindner is on the left. Those were good years for the British with Don Thompson's 50 Km gold and StanVickers' 20 Km silver in Rome and Paul Nihill's 50 Km silver along with Mathews gold in Tokyo.
                >
                > Jack Mortland
                > Columbus, Ohio (17th to Mathews in Tokyo)

              • arthur.thomson
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 10, 2011
                  Yebbut does anybody in any authoritative position write to the Guardian
                  (or others publishing similar half truths) to put them right on these
                  sorts of things?

                  Arthur Thomson

                  On 10/07/2011 10:52, cassidyhufflers wrote:

                  > Dear me, newspapers aren't there to get their facts right --
                  > especially if that would spoil an otherwise good story; they're there
                  > to sell advertising space!
                  >
                  > The author of the piece also doesn't seem to have heard of Jo Jackson.
                  >
                  > Peter Cassidy
                  >
                  > --- In racewalk@yahoogroups.com <mailto:racewalk%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  > "Jack Mortland" <jmortlan@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I would think the Guardian could at least get their facts straight.
                  > Their picture shows Ken Matthews after winning the gold at the Tokyo
                  > Olympics in 1964. Rome was in 1960. On the right is Vladimir
                  > Golubnichiy, who did win gold in Rome, but settled for bronze in
                  > Tokyo. Silver medalist Dieter Lindner is on the left. Those were good
                  > years for the British with Don Thompson's 50 Km gold and StanVickers'
                  > 20 Km silver in Rome and Paul Nihill's 50 Km silver along with Mathews
                  > gold in Tokyo.
                  > >
                  > > Jack Mortland
                  > > Columbus, Ohio (17th to Mathews in Tokyo)

                • cassidyhufflers
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 11, 2011
                    Certainly I do, whenever such a thing catches my eye. I hope that others – even those not in "authoritative positions" do so as well.

                    Peter Cassidy