Re: Inter-Counties

  • cassidyhufflers
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
      The Chief Judge (Pauline Wilson) tells me that she has pointed
      out the numbers difficulty to the C.A.U. and we can but hope that
      action will be taken.

      Considering that three-ish years ago the walks were dropped
      from the meeting because of poor support, this year's turn-out
      was excellent; thanks to Graham for his analysis of the numbers.
      There is a bit of spectator participation at the Inter-Counties, due
      to the tendency of some people to shout encouragement at
      anyone in the right colour of vest (whatever he might be doing at
      hte time) and, of course, to the generally well-informed
      commentaries on the proceedings, so that everyone knows
      what's happening.

      Now, let's not relax!

      Peter Cassidy

      --- In racewalk@yahoogroups.com, "grahamchapman2003"
      <grahamchapman2003@h...> wrote:
      > --- In racewalk@yahoogroups.com, "grahamchapman2003"
      > <grahamchapman2003@h...> wrote:
      > > Seems
      > .
      > .
      > .
      >

      > > - Graham Chapman
      >
      > Oops! it's been pointed out to me that there were also 12 in the
      mens
      > 800m and 15 in the 110 hurdles - so in fact NO event longer
      than 400m
      > got a bigger field than the men's walk.
      >
      > - G
    • cassidyhufflers
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 26, 2009
        The C.A.U. Inter-Counties T. & F. champs will be held on the 25th May, 2009 at Bedford
        International Stadium. The 3000m walk for Senior Men and Women will (provisionally) take
        place at 2:50 p.m.
      • cassidyhufflers
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 26, 2009
          As I was saying when it was snatched from under my fingers;

          The C.A.U. Inter-Counties T. & F. Championships will be held at Bedford International
          Stadium on the 25th May, 2009, with the 3000m for Senior Men and Women provisionally
          timed for 2:50 p.m.

          The formerly desolate walk has been fairly well supported for the last couple of years and we
          want to keep it that way, so please make sure that your county A.A.A. selectors are aware of
          you and make a selection.

          Your County needs You!

          Best Wishes to all

          Peter Cassidy
        • Tony Bell
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 26, 2009
            Peter posted about the Inter-Counties
            > As I was saying when it was snatched from under my fingers;
            >
            > The C.A.U. Inter-Counties T. & F. Championships will be held at
            > Bedford International
            > Stadium on the 25th May, 2009, with the 3000m for Senior Men and
            > Women provisionally
            > timed for 2:50 p.m.
            >
            > The formerly desolate walk has been fairly well supported for the
            > last couple of years and we
            > want to keep it that way, so please make sure that your county
            > A.A.A. selectors are aware of
            > you and make a selection.
            >
            > Your County needs You!
            >
            > Best Wishes to all
            >
            > Peter Cassidy

            I shall pass this message onto the Cheshire racewalking community,
            all one of us. However, this race will be the day after the European
            Cup in Metz, France, presumbly the likes of Jo, Ben, Dan and Dom will
            be competing in France and will not be competing in the Inter-
            Counties against us slowpokes. Two years ago it was good to watch our
            internationals competing at the Leamington European Cup and then
            compete against them at Bedford 8 days later. Anyone know what the
            selection criteria will be for Metz?

            bye

            tony....
            --