Request for Dutch Bet additional feature in Race Predictor

  • Geoff Whitefield
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
      Hi Dr Huang,

      Version 2.11.70 update is proving to be very successful, by just
      Dutch Win betting the first two selections, starting at $15.0 for
      the first race, and increasing the bet total by $10.0 for any losing
      race in a series.

      With a win and profit, I then begin a new series at $15.0 again.
      This is a more conservative approach than full Double Up betting,
      and keeps the bets small, while mostly returning $5.0 to $15.0
      profits, due to the high % Win strike rate, using the Dutch Win
      bet method.

      Because of the huge number of races available, with dogs, trots and
      gallops, these small amounts add up very quickly, for a daily wage.

      $15.0 was found to be the minimum first bet amount, for Two Dutch
      Win bet selections for typical win dividends of around $2.6 to $5.0
      at the 2 minute to start mark, so as to produce a minimum $5.0 Win
      bet amount which is the IAS minimum bet for a Win or Place bet,
      placed via the internet (minimum $50 by phone).
      ----

      Request for addition to Race Predictor to complete Dutch betting :

      1) Main Request:

      Could you add to the Dutch Betting module of the Race Predictor
      program, the option where I can vary the number of runners in the
      final Dutch bet total ?

      - for example, tick a check box to have One selection only, or tick box
      for Two selections in Dutch bet, or tick box for Three selections, or tick
      a box for all Four selections, to be used for calculation in Dutch bet.

      You already give us the option to vary the $ amount for Investment,
      and to change the % Return, but we also need to be able to adjust
      the number of selections used for the Dutch Bet calculation of $ bets.

      - at the moment, as I only use the first Two selections of Race Predictor
      at the 2 minute to start mark, I have to re-calculate the $ bet amounts
      for Dutching only Two selections, as Race Predictor has worked out the
      $ bet amounts on all Four selections.

      I find the free Dutch bet calculator from Practical Punting Daily, that I
      sent before very speedy and easy to use, and I always keep the calculator
      open and on top of the screen along side Race Predictor, ready to use.

      2) Secondary Request:

      To be able to choose the mix of the present Four selections in Dutch bet,
      as chosen by Race Predictor, but be able to combine in different ways.

      - for example, tick selection One and selection Three as the Two selections
      to be used in the Dutch bet calculations of $ bet amounts.
      ---

      I imagine that a separate pop-up screen in the menu-settings would be the
      area to add these functions.

      regards, Geoff

    • drhuangau
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
        Thanks for your experience and suggestions. I will consider it.

        --- In racePrediction@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Whitefield"

      • Mark Traynor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2003
          Hi Geoff

          Where you say any race ?? do you mean any race that qualifies
          re amount bet etc or any race at all??

          At 12:12 AM 20/07/2003 +1000, you wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          5a658fd.jpg
          5a65957.jpg

          regards

          Mark Traynor
          Hi-Tech Vehicle Solutions Pty Ltd
          ABN 81 073 816 298  ACN 073 816 298
          37 Peppermint Grove,
          Knoxfield, Victoria, Australia, 3180.
          Phone (Intl +61) (03) 9801 5146  Fax (Intl +61) (03) 9837 5148
          Mobile (Intl +61) 0419 306 281
          Fax / Voice Message (Intl +61) (03) 9923 6363
          Email:- markt@...  or  traynors@...
          InterNet:- www.traynor.com.au

                                                 **** WARNING ****
          WITHOUT PREJUDICE - This message may contain privileged and confidential
          information intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are
          not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
          dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited by law.
          If you are the correct addressee you are prohibited from any use, dissemination,
          distribution or reproduction of this message without express written approval
          If you have received this message in error please notify Mark Traynor immediately.
          Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may
          not necessarily reflect the views of Mark Traynor or associates.

        • Geoff Whitefield
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2003
            Hi Mark,

            I am finding that Race Predictor is treating Runners of All race types,
            ie; Races (Gallops), Harness (Trots) and Greyhounds (Dogs) , as though
            they all behave with similar characteristics when all races are kept to
            small fields having from 6 to 12 runners, for Win bets only, which then
            eliminates any No Third Dividend problems, for races less than 8 runners.

            Also Win only betting eliminates those races which start at 8 runners,
            even up to the jump start time, but then a Late scratching reduces race
            to 7 runners, which usually automatically then means NTD if place betting.
            I have been caught often with this trap, and so only Win bet in small fields.

            Because all race types in small fields of 6 to 12 runners, behave with similar
            characteristics, I run All races consecutively together in the same series of
            bets.
            - for example, three consecutive bets could be a Greyhound race, followed
            by a Harness race, and then followed by a Gallops race, so long as all races
            are small fields.
            ---

            I use the following criteria for selecting the runners to Dutch bet in
            Race Predictor :

            1) Eliminate any race in small fields, of all race types, which has any runner
                under $2.5 for a Win at the 2 minute to start mark, as these short priced
                runners are most likely to win, and I want to ensure that the winner pays a
                minimum of $2.0 for the Win.

                By making the cut at $2.5 as the minimum price, allows for shortening of price
                in the final 60 sec before start, and 60 sec past the official start time, when
                the professional money plunges are still being counted for the official closing pool.

            2) I am finding the greatest stability for picking a reasonable value Winner in the
                $2.5 to $5.0 price range at 2 minute to start mark - Race Predictor also includes
                these in the Dutch Multi Win Prediction Column.

                I Dutch Win bet the top Two selections of Race Predictor at 2 minute to start mark.

            3) On the races that I do bet, I use Saver Win $0.5 bets, placed with the NSW Tab,
                at the 5 minute to start mark, via the internet, and then place my main Dutch
                Win bet with IAS at the 2 to 1 minute mark, also via the internet, switching
                between different windows.

            4) Method of using Saver Win bets as follows :

                - on any runners in a race at the 5 minute to start mark, with a price of $10.0 or
                greater, bet $0.50 Win.
                This adds only a few dollars to the Main Dutch Win bet, and you will be surprised
                at the end of the day, how these small $0.5 Saver Win bets adds up, and greatly
                helps neutralise the betting outlay, and often produces a small profit on their own.

                These Saver bets are never included in calculations for estimating a day's profit
                return, as they are totally whimsical, and a bonus.

                ... for example, during past week on Wed 16jul03, a $0.50 Saver Win bet at
                Warwick Farm race 7 nr 13 - Watch The Time, returned $32.00 on NSW Tab and
                your Saver Win $0.5 bet would have grabbed $16.0 .

                There were 14 runners in that race, with 9 runners greater than $10.0 at the
                5 minute mark, so 9 x $0.50 = $4.5 extra on top of your main Dutch Win bet.

            5) This $0.5 Saver Win bet on any runner of $10.0 and over, at the 5 minute to start
                mark, is a complete stand alone method in itself, and is totally mechanical in it's
                selection criteria, on Any race type or field size.

            6) For Harness and Gallops races, having medium sized fields of 13 to 14 runners, and
                large sized fields of 15 to 24 runners, I have not found a distinct pattern where
                Race Predictor returns confidently predictable results, and so these types of races
                are more of a gamble, and not an investment, for Dutch Win betting.

                For these high uncertainty races, and when the prices are high throughout the field,
                I only bet these races with Saver Win $0.5 bets on NSW Tab.

            7) I don't Dutch Win bet using Race Predictor in races of medium and large fields,
                there's just too much variation for consistant and repeatable patterns to emerge.

                Someone may have a method for these medium and large fields, that I would be
                interested to know.

            ---
            Hope this helps to clear up any confusions, raised earlier.

            regards, Geoff