hetzi shekel saga

  • etta korenman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Well, in search of my 30 shiny half shekels, I did go to the bank. I don't think they truly understood - even though I said it in Hebrew and English. Yes... my Hebrew is getting better after 2 1/2 years here!!!!! So I ended up getting 30 not new or shiny half shekels which I guess will do.

      Upon cleaning them, I noticed one out of the thirty has a different back. Instead of the harp, it has writing - which only a mouse could read - and it makes a picture like those pictures made of psalms into pictures. This is a guy with a beard, but other than that very hard to tell. Was this a special commemorative coin or what??

      Thanks for this info on trivia.

      For those that asked why I needed them.. I use to bring alot of missions to Israel when I lived in the states. I was now asked to recruit and bring a special group of people. When I go, I want to tell them that a half shekel was used for the census for counting the people. I was going to give each of them one so we could "count on them" to come and show their support for Israel.

      Etta/Yehudit Korenman

      àèä/éäåãéú ÷åøðîï