Re: MTC problems

  • mrmustard29
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 5:42 AM
      Hi there,

      the qy700 is the slave. It's worked fine for a while now the same symptoms are occuring

      --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "conory1" <gwizdakc@...> wrote:

      > Is the QY700 Master or Slave?
      >

      > --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "mrmustard93" <mrmustard93@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Help! I have my QY700 linked via MTC to a Korg 1600 markII. For absolutely no apparent reason the QY700 just wanders out of time during a play back of a song. One minute it will play through fine the next it will go out of time. I rewind back to the point the timing went out and it plays back ok on the secind time only to go out again further on during the track. I am using the QY700 drums (pattern play) and key boards.
      > >
      > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • LESLIE LAWRENSON
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2 6:35 AM
        I wonder if this article will sort you out?

        OK, so you're not sync'd up to a digital record, but I bet the principal is exactly the same.

        Good luck!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2 6:35 AM
          Oops

          I forgot the link! Here it is:-

          the qy700 is the slave. It's worked fine for a while now the same symptoms are occuring

          --- In qy700@yahoogroups. com, "conory1" <gwizdakc@.. .> wrote:

          > Is the QY700 Master or Slave?
          >

          > --- In qy700@yahoogroups. com, "mrmustard93" <mrmustard93@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > Help! I have my QY700 linked via MTC to a Korg 1600 markII. For absolutely no apparent reason the QY700 just wanders out of time during a play back of a song. One minute it will play through fine the next it will go out of time. I rewind back to the point the timing went out and it plays back ok on the secind time only to go out again further on during the track. I am using the QY700 drums (pattern play) and key boards.
          > >
          > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        • SIMON NOBLE
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2 7:07 AM
            Hi Les,

            it's not the same really. The sync goes out even when there are no tempo changes. In fact there are none really throughout the drum track. Also, the Korg is a digital recorder.

            thanks,

            Simon

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2 7:43 AM
              Shame.

              I know that I've tried using MTC to sync my Roland VS2480 to the QY700, but it struggles, so I use the click setting instead.