Changing pattern variation type effects through a song?

  • lampoonland
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 1:32 PM
      Hi all.Just joined this site and am pleased to see that there are
      still some of you using the trusty ol' QY (I thought i was the only
      one!!)
      I still haven't figured out how to change the variation effects
      parameters dynamically throughout the song.For instance,say i have a
      distortion effect on pattern 1(part A) that i'm using for bars 1-8 in
      my song,but want to change the effect to a phaser effect in bars
      9-15(using pattern 1 (part B),how can i do it.I know it involves
      program changes,but i'm a moron when it comes to midi.I know i can
      have different effects on different patterns-ie on pattern 1 i could
      have distortion and pattern 2 phaser,and that i can just place them
      accordingly in my song in step record mode,but there are always time
      glitches when the song plays back at the point it changes pattern
      (with different effects)
      I'm sorry this is so long winded.
      Cheers
      Joe
    • marcel_six
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17, 2009
        I'm sorry. It seems nobody has answered yor question.
        Maybe you found a solution by now?

        As far as I know there is no built-in option to change the effects during a song.
        The best way is to use an external MIDI controller which can send (during recording) the midi-data to the QY700.
        I rather record only the clean signals and add external FX during the final mix on the mixer/recorder.
        So I can't tell you which data (MSB/LSB) to transmit (See Reference Listings).
        Some controllers like the BCN44 can record the data from the QY700 when changing the settings and makes the real-time use of effects and filters easy.