Velocity levels

  • philipboyes@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
      Hello
      I have a dr880 going into the qy700 and from the qy700 to a sampler. In song mode I'm trying to record some drums but the qy700 won't record the velocity changes. It puts every drum at the same volume. I know I can go into edit mode and change but that takes a long time. Is there something I can turn on or off in the qy700 so that it will record the velocity changes.
      Thanks
      phil
    • kloopyuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi Phil, first make sure DR is sending different velocities. I use Midi Monitor app on my IPad to check what is on my midi channel.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
          Thanks for the reply kloopyuk. I have it working now. In step record I didn't know I could press 0 in the velocity tab and it goes to EXT. Also I tried a few different settings in the utility/midi page. For A midi out I put thru and now the real-time record also works.
          Cheers
          phil