Re: Editing the Tempo track

  • sjrogersmai
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2012
      Have you tried the Song Edit screens? I have fixed some stuff in song edit mode in the past. See page 131 in the manual under event parameters. Or, search the PDF manual for the term "tempo change."

      --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "james_the_music" <james_the_music@...> wrote:

      > Hi QY700ers, I've just been putting a new piece together and as always, use Step input for the Patterns and Chords. However, the manual only gives a realtime function for the Tempo. It's a real pain to stab away at +yes/-no, so I'm writing to ask if anyone has a better way to do it - maybe something Yamaha didn't realise?
      >
      > The piece is mainly at a Tempo of 87, but at the end of the "chorus/refrain" it slows to 85 for one bar, then 83 for 2 bars. Then it's back to 87, so that means hitting +yes 4 times very quickly. It's not much fun, and doesn't really feel like the white heat of modern technology.
      >
      > Any ideas?

    • james_the_music
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
        Hi Junius,

        Thank you! That's exactly what I needed. As soon as I opened the page I could see how innacurate my button-hitting had been.

        My page 130 has "Section 3 Measure, Beat and Clock count", but it doesn't actually say "Tempo change"!

        In the Special Message Section at the front of the book is a note 92-BP, which I guess means it was printed in 1992.

        Maybe your book is a later edition?

        Anyway, I now have the song exactly as I wanted it, thanks to you.

        Season's greetings!

        James
        --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "sjrogersmai" <rup_de_kat@...> wrote:

        > Have you tried the Song Edit screens? I have fixed some stuff in song edit mode in the past. See page 131 in the manual under event parameters. Or, search the PDF manual for the term "tempo change."
        >

        > --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "james_the_music" <james_the_music@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi QY700ers, I've just been putting a new piece together and as always, use Step input for the Patterns and Chords. However, the manual only gives a realtime function for the Tempo. It's a real pain to stab away at +yes/-no, so I'm writing to ask if anyone has a better way to do it - maybe something Yamaha didn't realise?
        > >
        > > The piece is mainly at a Tempo of 87, but at the end of the "chorus/refrain" it slows to 85 for one bar, then 83 for 2 bars. Then it's back to 87, so that means hitting +yes 4 times very quickly. It's not much fun, and doesn't really feel like the white heat of modern technology.
        > >
        > > Any ideas?

      • sjrogersmai
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
          That's good to hear. I may need that little function one of these days. Happy Holidays to you and all that are monitoring and contributing to this forum.