My screen is slowly degrading from perky blue to pissy yellow

  • a
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
      Is this a sign of requiring a new backlit bulb or is the whole screen on the way out? ...
    • NormanD
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
        Is it loosing contrast too?

        What you describe, sounds like the voltage across it is reduced.

        I'm only guessing. Hope it gives you a little to think about.

        norman.

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
          Yes....it's not as crisp....it's sort of muggy...I have had for at least ten years....is this the begging of the end or is it a quick fix...?

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
            Maybe I'm in a country with low voltage...I have seen on the net other similar screens in Asia?

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2012
              If the screen still looks evenly lit and works properly in all other ways, I'd say it's not getting enough power. That could be because a component in the circuit supplying it has shifted in value due to age.

              I don't know if that circuit comes as part of the display unit or not.

              I suppose you could try having a natter with the Yamaha service folk about it.

              norman.

              --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "a" <zazz_w@...> wrote:

              > Maybe I'm in a country with low voltage...I have seen on the net other similar screens in Asia?
              > --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "a" <zazz_w@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes....it's not as crisp....it's sort of muggy...I have had for at least ten years....is this the begging of the end or is it a quick fix...?
              > >
              > > --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "NormanD" <nrdavies.jim71@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Is it loosing contrast too?
              > > >
              > > > What you describe, sounds like the voltage across it is reduced.
              > > >
              > > > I'm only guessing. Hope it gives you a little to think about.
              > > >
              > > > norman.

            • Ian Vine
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2012
                Assuming no person or animal has soiled your qy it does sound like it is the power supply to EL lighting panel. Hopefully it is a separate module, which it normally is in laptops.

                Yamaha support is your starting point

                IanV

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 18, 2012
                  Thanks guys.....I will try yam support....hopefully it won't be too pricey...I will post if anything positive comes out of it....I think this may be another issue like the jumpy tone wheel.