Re: Question about Groove View

  • sjrogersmai
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2012
      I am pretty sure that all of the play effects operate on all of the notes in a linear phrase. You might be able to split the hi-hat into two tracks and affect the velocity of either of the tracks. But, it does not appear that there is a built-in function to surgically isolate groups of notes in the same tract for treatment in one pass.

      The edit function is pretty powerful, however. It would be tedious, but, you could edit each and every note in a (song) track. Timing, the length of the note, and velocity are among the parameters that can be affected on a note by note basis. With enough time, one could build a pretty convincing song or phrase that sounds like a sloppy live performance.