Re: "glitchy" measure counter

  • suedeheadman2005
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
      --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "Robbie" <bleepcorp@y...> wrote:
      > Hi there,

      I've just bought a 2nd hand QY700, and it's doing EXACTLY the same
      things you mention!! It must be a time of year thing!! I've tried the
      reset but no luck. I've also tried just filling it up with styles and
      examples to see if it'll reset itself but it just keeps reading 223:3
      and then starts showing musical note value?? Also, the number keys on
      mine don't relate to what they are, ie; 1 seems to equal 5 or
      something?? I just wondered if you'd sussed it out or if we're both
      screwed.

      Cheers

      Chris

      > Hi there. I'm new to the board.
      >
      > I'm new to the QY700 but have used the QY70 and 100 pretty
      > extensively, so rather than feeling overwhelmed, I just feel super
      > comfey like I've got so much room to stretch.
      >
      > Here's my problem: It's telling me that measure 001:1 is now
      called
      > measure 223:3. All of the data is in the right place, in other
      words,
      > the sequence plays fine, just that the measure number is off. It
      did
      > this once when I first got it and I seem to remember I did
      something
      > sort of stupid and obvious to fix it, but I can't remember what
      that
      > was. I tried reloading the song from disk, turning the unit off
      then
      > on, no dice. Oh yeah, also in this state, it will occasionally
      > replace a numeric value in the measure count area with a note
      value,
      > like a 16th note where a 5 should be or something. Is there a soft
      > reset function or something like that? I've taken a couple of
      quick
      > trips around the manual and not really found anything.
      >
      > Is this a common glitch or am I screwed?
    • Robbie Crockett
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2005
        I've found that if I switch it off and wait about 30 seconds (which can seem like an eternity at that moment) before switching it back on, it usually fixes it.  I haven't had to do this more than twice in a row before I'm back on track.  For some reason this makes me think "lather, rinse, repeat."

        suedeheadman2005 <chris@...> wrote:

        --- In qy700@yahoogroups.com, "Robbie" <bleepcorp@y...> wrote:
        > Hi there,

        I've just bought a 2nd hand QY700, and it's doing EXACTLY the same
        things you mention!! It must be a time of year thing!! I've tried the
        reset but no luck. I've also tried just filling it up with styles and
        examples to see if it'll reset itself but it just keeps reading 223:3
        and then starts showing musical note value?? Also, the number keys on
        mine don't relate to what they are, ie; 1 seems to equal 5 or
        something?? I just wondered if you'd sussed it out or if we're both
        screwed.

        Cheers

        Chris

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • suedeheadman2005
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2005
          Yeah, you're right Robbie, that does sort it. I wonder why it does it
          though??