- Hello,The third edition of Mega-Whats, KQA's National Open Quizzing Championship will be held on Sunday, 11 December 2011 (1500hrs-1800hrs).The quiz will be held across thirteen cities simultaneously. Apart from Bangalore, we have confirmations from Chennai, Guwahati, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Thrissur, and Thiruvananthapuram.An entry form is provided here:The details:
For more details, please call Arul Mani at 097312-14519
- Date: Sunday, 11 December 2011
- General quiz, open to all.
- Teams of FOUR members (or less).
- Prior registration is advised--many venues have limited seating..
- To register, please use the form as indicated above.
- Please provide the names of the four people who comprise your team; also indicate whether you are taking part in the school, college or open categories
- Registrations will close on Tuesday 6th December 2011. City co-ordinators will allow entries after the cut-off date at their discretion.
- Please note that the quizzing community in your city may charge an entry fee to meet venue and equipment hire expenses.
- The school category is open only to teams comprising students from Std. VIII-X
- School teams ( Std. VIII-X) are allowed free entry. A school may field ONE team.
- Please report by 1430hrs at the venue in your city. Since we need to ensure a coordinated start nationwide, the quiz will start at 1500hrs sharp. The doors will be closed five minutes before we begin.
- Contesting teams will answer in writing a quiz of six sections and about sixty questions, inclusive of audios, videos and visuals.
- Answers and scores will be announced immediately after the event–prizes will be given out for Best School Team, Best College Team, and Best Open Team.
- The prizes aren't small–they are insignificant.
- We will rank the top 100 teams across the country–this list will go up by the 25th of December.
- The rankings will be announced after adjudication. The decision of the quiz-masters will be final and binding on all participants.
- The city-winners will face off in June 2012 as part of the KQA 29th Anniversary.