RE: [quitsmoking] New to Group

  • Jer Peterson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2011
      Hi jane,

      Have you checked out www.whyquit.com? There is a lot of information there
      that will help you and stories of what happens to people who smoke. Also
      try going to www.quitnet.com, there are forums and there is a chat function
      that allows you to talk to people in real time that have quit or are trying
      to quit. I have found it very helpful in times of a crave to talk to people
      going through the same thing.

      I quit 6 weeks ago and am getting by day by day. I hope that you have found
      that information helpful!

      Jer

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 8, 2011
        Hi everybody,

        My name is Denise and this will be my third attempt to quit on this board. My quit date is Nov. 10th and I will be using the patches.

        I look forward to reading your posts.

        Have a good day everybody.
      • rieckhoffcindy
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 8, 2011
          Good luck, Denise ! I quit in March after a 40-year, pack-day habit. I attempted to quit many times but was finally successful.
          --- In quitsmoking@yahoogroups.com, deniseravary@... wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > My name is Denise and this will be my third attempt to quit on this board. My quit date is Nov. 10th and I will be using the patches.
          >
          > I look forward to reading your posts.
          >
          > Have a good day everybody.

        • Jeri
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 8, 2011
            Good luck Denise I quit with the patches and dum dums after 37 years I wish I would have quit when I was first told I had copd but I didn't. I am so proud of you those cigarette are not our friend at all. Good luck I wish u ñothing but success
            Jeri

            deniseravary@... wrote:

            >Hi everybody,
            >
            >My name is Denise and this will be my third attempt to quit on this board. My quit date is Nov. 10th and I will be using the patches.
            >
            >I look forward to reading your posts.
            >
            >Have a good day everybody.

          • tricksmom96
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 8, 2011
              I just (today) hit three weeks of not smoking! I am on Chantix and for the first few days used an electronic cigarette. The thing I've noticed is that no matter what you use that helps it still comes down to being really, really stubborn about not smoking.

              You know this of course but just tell yourself every day. . . I will not, I will not, I will not whenever the urge hits. It is stilling hitting me at the weirdest times.

              I'm on line a lot so if you need to vent here go ahead and I can commisserate with you within a couple of hours!\

              Robin

              --- In quitsmoking@yahoogroups.com, deniseravary@... wrote:

              > Hi everybody,
              >
              > My name is Denise and this will be my third attempt to quit on this board. My quit date is Nov. 10th and I will be using the patches.
              >
              > I look forward to reading your posts.
              >
              > Have a good day everybody.

            • judythecuety
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 18, 2011
                Hi

                My name is Judy and Im new to the group...

                I live with a smoker (my sister ) and was just looking at her pack
                so I decided to see if there was a group online..
                Im still using nic lozenges and dunno when I would want to give that up.. For right now not smoking is the goal
                Judy
              • mlittleton@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 18, 2011
                  http://www.opsllp.com
                  The quit smoking thing on here works. I used the hypnotherapy one but as they said there is a cheaper one not sure how it works though.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 18, 2011
                    Welcome, Judy! You've made a good decision by joining this group and a great decision to quit smoking. I, too, lived with a smoker at the start of my quit (my husband), but he saw that I was being successful in my quit and lo and behold, he quit, too! Hopefully, your sister will follow your lead, aslo.

                    Post often and let us know how you are!

                    Kirsty
                    One year, eleven months, two weeks, two days, 21 hours, 4 minutes and 28 seconds. 21506 cigarettes not smoked, saving $6,989.56. Quit date: December 31, 2009. 11:00 p.m. Life saved: 10 weeks, 4 days, 16 hours, 10 minutes.