RE: [Bulk] Re: [quitsmoking] Re: Good morning everyone!

  • Lucy Krok
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Glynis,

      So good to hear from you. Yes I feel those feelings etc. And the weight gain. But I do believe still all better then smoking. And this group such a wonderful caring, supportive bunch of people.

      Well back to work I go. Difficult day for me today with the no smoking, but I will hang tough.

      Hugs
      Lucy

      glynis kilmartin <glynisk@...> wrote:
      Hi Nancy and Lucy: I'm definitely on the same page as you both! The job
      loss, the personal stressors, age, I think (I'm 51) and oh my god, the
      weight gain.I have actually increased by a full size in clothing..thank god
      I am not working yet and can live in my workout wear-I just had to buy two
      new pairs of jeans the next size up! I have recently returned to my gym
      after a long break, well since I quit smoking actually, and hopefully I can
      start working on getting back into shape and down to my usual size. I am
      going to be job hunting in the New Year and need to be able to fit into my
      'interview' clothes. However, after enduring all the struggles associated
      with quitting-the lump in my throat, the tight chest, the cravings, the
      overwhelming feeling of joylessness, the anger and general emotional
      turbulence, I am sooo pleased that I am now a non-smoker. I seem to have
      gained an enormous amount of strength from this ordeal and partly because I
      have had this online support group cheering me on and helping me see that it
      is ultimately so worthwhile to be a non-smoker. The many inspiring stories
      here really help in those doubtful, painful and fearful moments.

      No matter what challenges life presents us with, I know that smoking does
      not help in any way whatsoever. How lucky we are to have each other. Good
      luck to you both. Regards g. 3m, 2w, 5d without-yessss.

      Glynis Kilmartin

      416.766.6129

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hi Nancy
        Yes I can relate to having feelings of doing things when I used to
        smoke . I still sometimes have those behaviors . I can rember how I
        would take my hand to my mouth as if I were smoking . I still
        sometimes do that after having a smoking dream . It wakes me up to
        the fact that the nicodemon is just trying to worm his way back in
        LOL LOL That kinda behavior can only lead to going back to smoking
        if you dont comprehend what is happening . I belive it is a way to
        keep us on guard at all times .
        Glad to see you on here .
        LOVE BARB C 3 yrs 12 months & 1 day smoke free

        --- In quitsmoking@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nburgessbp@y...> wrote:

        > Good morning, I am finding it very interesting that now my problem
        > without cigs is more psychological it seems. For example; I will do
        > things like I opened my lanai doors last night so the smoke would
        go
        > out when I smoked and I haven't smoked for over 3 weeks. Yet the
        > behaviors are there. On Thanksgiving after I cleaned up I was
        thinking
        > okay a nice cappacino and a cig. I realized I was using cigarettes
        > reward myself, to relax. How sick is that? So, I just hope the old
        > behaviors/patterns go aways soon. Its like my brain is on mental
        > nicodemon mode sometimes. Although, the cool part is I do not want
        > cigarette. And, I dismiss those mental attitudes. I do not need a
        > cigarette to reward myself, that is sick thinking as they only make
        me
        > sick. My lungs feel as though they may be finally breaking up the
        crap
        > a little. And my sleep is getting a little better.
        >
        > Today I am grateful not to smoke! One day at a time!
        >
        > Thank you Jesus!
        >
        > Nancy

      • kristin duchene
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2005
          Good job Nancy. KEEP IT UP! I agree, I am feeling much better . I have been needing tons of sleep, but I am also on this new BP medicine, so I think that may be why. I have been exercising alot too! Still want a smoke though......UGH.....HOPING that goes away!
          Kristin
          Two weeks, one day, 8 minutes and 21 seconds. 300 cigarettes not smoked, saving $76.23. Life saved: 1 day, 1 hour, 0 minutes.

          Nancy <nburgessbp@...> wrote:
          Good morning, I am finding it very interesting that now my problem
          without cigs is more psychological it seems. For example; I will do
          things like I opened my lanai doors last night so the smoke would go
          out when I smoked and I haven't smoked for over 3 weeks. Yet the
          behaviors are there. On Thanksgiving after I cleaned up I was thinking
          okay a nice cappacino and a cig. I realized I was using cigarettes to
          reward myself, to relax. How sick is that? So, I just hope the old
          behaviors/patterns go aways soon. Its like my brain is on mental
          nicodemon mode sometimes. Although, the cool part is I do not want a
          cigarette. And, I dismiss those mental attitudes. I do not need a
          cigarette to reward myself, that is sick thinking as they only make me
          sick. My lungs feel as though they may be finally breaking up the crap
          a little. And my sleep is getting a little better.

          Today I am grateful not to smoke! One day at a time!

          Thank you Jesus!

          Nancy

          ---------------------------------

          Kristin

          Communication is a continual balancing act, juggling the conflicting needs for intimacy and independence. To survive in the world, we have to act in a concert with others, but to survive as ourselves, rather than simply as cogs in a wheel, we have to act alone.-- Deborah Tannen (1990)

        • jlweldin
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2005
            Kristin,
            Just wanted to congratulate you on doing so well with your quit!! I am
            glad to hear that you are feeling better. I knew you would get this
            going...........sometimes it takes a scare to wake us up. (b/p
            problems, etc). Keep your quit going strong!! Jaynne
          • Wanda Williams
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
              Hi Nancy,
              Sounds like you have everything under control. Some day I will be there
              with ya and I look forward to it. I hate the way I feel after I smoke and
              the way it tastes most of the time is horrid. Why it has to be like this I
              have no idea.....oh yeah....because I am doing it to myself, lol.

              Congrats on your quit!

              Hugs,
              Wanda

              >From: "Nancy" <nburgessbp@...>
              >To: quitsmoking@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [quitsmoking] Good morning everyone!
              >Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:31:21 -0000
              >
              >Good morning, I am finding it very interesting that now my problem
              >without cigs is more psychological it seems. For example; I will do
              >things like I opened my lanai doors last night so the smoke would go
              >out when I smoked and I haven't smoked for over 3 weeks. Yet the
              >behaviors are there. On Thanksgiving after I cleaned up I was thinking
              >okay a nice cappacino and a cig. I realized I was using cigarettes to
              >reward myself, to relax. How sick is that? So, I just hope the old
              >behaviors/patterns go aways soon. Its like my brain is on mental
              >nicodemon mode sometimes. Although, the cool part is I do not want a
              >cigarette. And, I dismiss those mental attitudes. I do not need a
              >cigarette to reward myself, that is sick thinking as they only make me
              >sick. My lungs feel as though they may be finally breaking up the crap
              >a little. And my sleep is getting a little better.
              >
              >Today I am grateful not to smoke! One day at a time!
              >
              >Thank you Jesus!
              >
              >Nancy

            • prcheney76
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                A bit of a rough morning. I had to call a customer service about a
                phone bill and ended up screaming at the lady. I am cranky and have a
                slight headache.

                One day, 6 hours, 5 minutes and 51 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked,
                saving $3.73. Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.
              • Frank
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Yeah, but you got through it without smoking! Way to go!! Pat yourself
                  on the back. Good job!

                  -Frank

                  --
                  My frickin' homepage:
                  http://www.myspace.com/desdenova_star

                  My frickin Jeep:
                  http://www.jeepaholics.com/rides/view.asp?id=1787

                  My frickin' headaches:
                  http://clusterheadaches.com/
                • Lois
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Ha ha - if you hit one of the outsourced foreign customer service departments - I found that I would end up screaming at them even with a cigarette in my hand.

                    Hang in there PR - you can do this - lots of deep breaths - and if you have to scream at someone - some stranger is better than a loved one :)

                    Lois
                    Eight months, one week, 4 hours, 32 minutes and 8 seconds. 7535 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,725.67. Life saved: 3 weeks, 5 days, 3 hours, 55 minutes.

                    ---- prcheney76 <prcheney76@...> wrote:

                    =============
                    A bit of a rough morning. I had to call a customer service about a
                    phone bill and ended up screaming at the lady. I am cranky and have a
                    slight headache.

                    One day, 6 hours, 5 minutes and 51 seconds. 17 cigarettes not smoked,
                    saving $3.73. Life saved: 1 hour, 25 minutes.

                    --
                    Everybody in this life has their challenges and difficulties. That
                    is part of our mortal test. . . . Peace comes through hope.

                    One thing you can't recycle is wasted time. -- Author Unknown

                    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his
                    goal. -- E. Joseph Cossman

                    Our success or failure, peace or discontent, happiness or misery,
                    depend on the choices we make each day. -- N. Eldon Tanner