NEW MEMBER

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
      Hi,
      I am Ruth from Ky. I've done long arm quilting for about 2 years
      now .Looking for a group to share ideas with.
    • Julie Lillo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2007
        --- In quiltedjewels@yahoogroups.com, "Ruth"
        <ruthsquiltingstudio@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am Ruth from Ky. I've done long arm quilting for about 2 years
        > now .Looking for a group to share ideas with.

        Ruth,
        Ruth, thank you for joining the Quilted Jewels group. I've been at
        longarming for just a couple of years, too. How long have you been
        quiltin"?

        I just set this group up and also a blog with photos of some of my
        quilting. If you want to check it out it's at
        360.yahoo.com/julieblillo@...

        I'd love to share ideas with you. What kind of longarm stuff do you
        do right now?

        I worked for the Michigan Gammill dealer for 3 1/2 years as sales
        mananger and education manager, but now I'm just running my machine
        quilting business. I'm thankful for what I learned by observing
        classes at our dealership and from going to big quiltshows.

        My machine quilting business just turned two years old and I'm really
        enjoying it. Do you do quilts for others
        ?
      • Ruth
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2007
          hi Julie,
          your quilting is beautiful. I,ve been quilting
          about 3 yrs now ,I,ve had my quilting machine about 2 yrs. I,ve done
          some meandering on memory quilts ,but mostly I just do pantos. I am
          not brave enough to try the free hand stuff yet. how long did it
          take you to master the feathers?They are beautiful.
          Right now I,m trying to get a buisness going so I will have
          something to do when I retire, hopefully in about 3 yrs.It has been
          slow going , I certantly could not live on my quilting buisness. I
          am a staff nurse in a small hosp in the ICU/CCU unit.I work 12 hr
          shifts 3 days a week, & that gives me time to quilt.
          I also have a local quilt group going with the help of a friend .
          We meet 1 X a month.we have a yahoo group "Rather Be Quilting" &
          Ihave a web site . you can visit me at
          ruthsquiltingstudio.zoomshare.com
          & see some of my quilts.I,ve made all 3 of my children & all 7
          grandchildren a quilt. I need to post pictures of the grand
          children,s quilts. the only one I have on there is Riley,s.
          It,s nice to "meet" you , looking forward to swaping Ideas with you.
          Ruth