3Re: NEW MEMBER

  • Ruth
    Feb 18, 2007
      hi Julie,
      your quilting is beautiful. I,ve been quilting
      about 3 yrs now ,I,ve had my quilting machine about 2 yrs. I,ve done
      some meandering on memory quilts ,but mostly I just do pantos. I am
      not brave enough to try the free hand stuff yet. how long did it
      take you to master the feathers?They are beautiful.
      Right now I,m trying to get a buisness going so I will have
      something to do when I retire, hopefully in about 3 yrs.It has been
      slow going , I certantly could not live on my quilting buisness. I
      am a staff nurse in a small hosp in the ICU/CCU unit.I work 12 hr
      shifts 3 days a week, & that gives me time to quilt.
      I also have a local quilt group going with the help of a friend .
      We meet 1 X a month.we have a yahoo group "Rather Be Quilting" &
      Ihave a web site . you can visit me at
      ruthsquiltingstudio.zoomshare.com
      & see some of my quilts.I,ve made all 3 of my children & all 7
      grandchildren a quilt. I need to post pictures of the grand
      children,s quilts. the only one I have on there is Riley,s.
      It,s nice to "meet" you , looking forward to swaping Ideas with you.
      Ruth

      In quiltedjewels@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Lillo" <julieblillo@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In quiltedjewels@yahoogroups.com, "Ruth"
      > <ruthsquiltingstudio@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I am Ruth from Ky. I've done long arm quilting for about 2 years
      > > now .Looking for a group to share ideas with.
      > >
      > Ruth,
      > Ruth, thank you for joining the Quilted Jewels group. I've been at
      > longarming for just a couple of years, too. How long have you been
      > quiltin"?
      >
      > I just set this group up and also a blog with photos of some of my
      > quilting. If you want to check it out it's at
      > 360.yahoo.com/julieblillo@...
      >
      > I'd love to share ideas with you. What kind of longarm stuff do
      you
      > do right now?
      >
      > I worked for the Michigan Gammill dealer for 3 1/2 years as sales
      > mananger and education manager, but now I'm just running my
      machine
      > quilting business. I'm thankful for what I learned by observing
      > classes at our dealership and from going to big quiltshows.
      >
      > My machine quilting business just turned two years old and I'm
      really
      > enjoying it. Do you do quilts for others
      > ?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic