Aiya ilquen

  • Margie also known as LadyMeg
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2003
      Aiya ilquen I am presently studying Quenya and enkoy the language
      very much, have translated a number of poems of J.R.R. Tolkien's
      into Quenya and now working on getting the Quenya week sorted out
      here is what I have so far, any improvements would be appreciated as
      I like to get things correct.

      Monday : Isilya
      Tuesday : Aldúya
      Wednesday : Elenya
      Thursday : Menelya
      Friday : Valanya (or Tárion)
      Saturday : Earenya
      Sunday : Anarya

      January : Narvinye
      February : Nénimë
      March : Súlimë
      April : Víressë
      May : Lótessë
      June : Nárië
      July : Cermië
      August : Úrimë
      September : Yavannië
      October : Narquelië
      November : Hísimë
      December : Ringarë

      Namárie also Hantalë for all your help: LadyMeg
    • Gildor Inglorion
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2003
        teithant Margie

        > Monday : Isilya
        > Tuesday : Aldϊya
        > Wednesday : Elenya
        > Thursday : Menelya
        > Friday : Valanya (or Tαrion)
        > Saturday : Earenya
        > Sunday : Anarya

        elenya was the chief week day, like our sunday.. if
        you want tofollow this, put elenya on sundey etc

      • Daniel Myers
        Message 3 of 3 , May 23, 2003
          aiya
          you also need to remember that Earenya is a Numenorean 'invention'.
          The Elven weekday was only 6 days. (Though I too in my list have
          Earenya as 'Saturday' :)