Re: [quenya] crossword

  • Ales Bican
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2000
      What about going over it and correcting typos and/or errors?
      And informing us about the way the crossword solves the
      long vowels - as e.g. 'aa' or 'á'?
      Not everyone has Qenya Lexicon.

      Alda

      --
      **I'm just the Messenger.. (Milla Jovovich as Joan of Arc)
    • Greg Dyke
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2000

        >What about going over it and correcting typos and/or errors

        Right, check two tipos and one BIG mistake

        >And informing us about the way the crossword solves the
        >long vowels - as e.g. 'aa' or '�'?

        it ignores them: uunootime -> unotime

        >Not everyone has Qenya Lexicon.

        _Yo_ and _arta_ are in the only words from the lexicon (oh and yando, and
        maybe a few others), all the others are in etym or Ardalambion. All the
        actual words are in Etym. (I think). One notable exception is a recent
        coining from the sindarin counterpart by a well-known webmaster/lambendil.

        Oh and the clues are excessively hard, but two weeks after I still know what
        I meant.

        >Alda

        Oh, and don't tell me you don't get 17 across!!! (17 arta)

        BTW is it just hard, or is NO-ONE interested?