Final product of Melda poem

  • Ainuriel Ondo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003
      Here's the final product, thank you to all who helped with the
      translation, I am indebted.

      Melda
      Nalye i vista ya suyan
      i anwa serce hroanyasse
      orenya na quanta moice

      a miquilat ni arinesse
      enyalie na asinye ilya auresse
      tenna polin sere mi ranculyat

      Nan alafirima melda

      Again my thanks!

      Ainuriel
    • Kate
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2003
        --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "Ainuriel Ondo" <aandrews@w...> wrote:
        > Here's the final product, thank you to all who helped with the
        > translation, I am indebted.
        >
        > Melda
        > Nalye i vista ya suyan
        > i anwa serce hroanyasse
        > orenya na quanta moice
        >
        > a miquilat ni arinesse
        > enyalie na asinye ilya auresse
        > tenna polin sere mi ranculyat
        >
        > Nan alafirima melda
        >
        > Again my thanks!
        >
        > Ainuriel

        Really? Final product? One cannot change anything from now? Anyway ,
        some my suggestions, if you're interested of course:)))
        "enyalie na asinye ilya auresse"< - "asenye" instead of "asinye"
        "ranculyat" is somthing like "double dual" here, either "ranculya"
        or "rancolyat", you decide(As for Tolkien, he said the dual ending -t
        olways, but ranculya sounds better to me)
        "Naan alafirima..." <- long vovel a here
        Id give "ilfirin" for immortal and maybe "meldalya" in the end to
        denote - "your beloved"...
        And - the anding -t, that you use for "you" is actually not attested,
        (only attested examples use it as for "they, them"), but...

        Vendis
        [nausë avaista lerta vanimë nati onte, Ista avanausë - er nati velicë]
      • amanibhavam
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2003
          --- Kate <vendis@...> wrote:

          > "enyalie na asinye ilya auresse"< - "asenye" instead
          > of "asinye"

          actually, _asinye_ is correct, _as-_ "with" + _inye_
          "I"

          Thomas

          =====
          -----
          Thomas Ferencz

          Lidelohte discussion board: http://pub83.ezboard.com/belfcomp
          Aryoni Eldaron: http://eldaryon.webmagazin.hu
          Personal: http://drstrange.cjb.net

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Angela Andrews
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2003
            Thank you, I will take your suggestions under consideration. I
            appreciate you taking the time to go over it for me. There is always
            room for improvement, I believe.

            Ainuriel

            > Here's the final product, thank you to all who helped with the
            > translation, I am indebted.
            >
            > Melda
            > Nalye i vista ya suyan
            > i anwa serce hroanyasse
            > orenya na quanta moice
            >
            > a miquilat ni arinesse
            > enyalie na asinye ilya auresse
            > tenna polin sere mi ranculyat
            >
            > Nan alafirima melda
            >
            > Again my thanks!
            >
            > Ainuriel

            Really? Final product? One cannot change anything from now? Anyway ,
            some my suggestions, if you're interested of course:)))
            "enyalie na asinye ilya auresse"< - "asenye" instead of "asinye"
            "ranculyat" is somthing like "double dual" here, either "ranculya"
            or "rancolyat", you decide(As for Tolkien, he said the dual ending -t
            olways, but ranculya sounds better to me)
            "Naan alafirima..." <- long vovel a here
            Id give "ilfirin" for immortal and maybe "meldalya" in the end to
            denote - "your beloved"...
            And - the anding -t, that you use for "you" is actually not attested,
            (only attested examples use it as for "they, them"), but...

            Vendis
            [nausë avaista lerta vanimë nati onte, Ista avanausë - er nati velicë]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707
            208988:HM/A=1564416/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164797&pa
            rtid=3170658>