[quenya] Re: Learning Quenya

  • Shihali Ramichu
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2000
      Try reading Helge's Ardalambion article on Quenya first. That was my
      introduction to the world of living Quenya. Then, just read and write
      it. You can learn a lot from other works in Quenya, and if you write
      your own you start to memorize common words. Also, don't skip Helge's
      article on Primitive Elvish. If you write, you will probably eventually
      need a word that doesn't exist yet, and the way to make up words is to
      develop a knowledge of affixes and a command of the sound changes
      between Primitive Elvish and Quenya so you can "age" a word properly.
      Other than that, just read and write.

      Melde
    • awbattles
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
        Hello.
        I was wondering if someone here could help me learn some basic
        Quenya. It is a beautiful language, but I can't understand much at
        all (only a couple of words). If someone would be willing to help I
        would appreciate it. Thank you,
        Erumane
      • eruantalisse
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
          Aiya,
          have you found any course already which you can follow?
          Janet

          --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, "awbattles" <awbattles@y...> wrote:
          > Hello.
          > I was wondering if someone here could help me learn some basic
          > Quenya. It is a beautiful language, but I can't understand much at
          > all (only a couple of words). If someone would be willing to help I
          > would appreciate it. Thank you,
          > Erumane
        • chris waner
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2004
            www.ardalambion.com

            quenya course for learners. have fun, some lessons are pretty tough but
            there are so many resources available to help you along.

            luine elda

            I was wondering if someone here could help me learn some basic
            Quenya. It is a beautiful language, but I can't understand much at
            all (only a couple of words). If someone would be willing to help I
            would appreciate it. Thank you,
            Erumane

            Expand your wine savvy � and get some great new recipes � at MSN Wine.
            http://wine.msn.com