[quenya] Suggestion

  • Helge K. Fauskanger
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 1999
      > Hi everyone.

      > As you see, the group does not have a lot of members. If you know
      somebody that would be interested in this group, please tell me about the
      person and I will invite him or her.

      As I said earlier, there is really no need for this list as a forum for the
      discussion of Tolkien-linguistics as such. There are no less than two other
      lists filling that need already. But there has been some talk about
      establishing a list where we would try to communicate in Quenya only
      (English only allowed as translation of, or comment on, Quenya texts). This
      list could fill that need. If you announced it as a Quenya-Only-list on
      Elfling and TolkLang, it would surely attract some members.

      - Helge Fauskanger
    • nukem-d@usa.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 1999
        "helge k. fauskanger" <helge.fauskange-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/quenya/?start=8
        > > Hi everyone.
        >
        > > As you see, the group does not have a lot of members. If you know
        > somebody that would be interested in this group, please tell me about
        the
        > person and I will invite him or her.
        >
        > As I said earlier, there is really no need for this list as a forum
        for the
        > discussion of Tolkien-linguistics as such. There are no less than two
        other
        > lists filling that need already. But there has been some talk about
        > establishing a list where we would try to communicate in Quenya only
        > (English only allowed as translation of, or comment on, Quenya
        texts). This
        > list could fill that need. If you announced it as a Quenya-Only-list
        on
        > Elfling and TolkLang, it would surely attract some members.
        >
        > - Helge Fauskanger

        Thank you for the suggestion.
        This group is now Quenya-only!

        Dima Leshchinskii.