Re: [quenya] 1st timer

  • Kai MacTane
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
      At 1/4/03 08:40 AM , babiman_babi <babiman_babi@...> wrote:
      >This is my first time here and i'm very eager to learn Quanya. May i
      >ask where is the best place to start?

      http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/qcourse.htm has a downloadable course that
      you can read at your own leisure, print out and carry around with you, etc.
      It's very good; much better than certain books on the market (see
      http://www.elvish.org/articles/LRH.html).

      --Kai MacTane
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
        teithant "babiman_babi

        > This is my first time here and i'm very eager to
        > learn Quanya. May i
        > ask where is the best place to start?

        please read our faq before posting :)

      • Kai MacTane
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
          At 1/4/03 12:59 PM , =?iso-8859-7?q?Gildor=20Inglorion?= wrote:
          >teithant "babiman_babi
          >
          > > This is my first time here and i'm very eager to
          > > learn Quanya. May i
          > > ask where is the best place to start?
          >
          >please read our faq before posting :)

          Pssst... Gildor... This is the Quenya list, not Elfling. I don't think this
          list *has* a FAQ. (That's why I answered as I did.)

          --Kai MacTane
          "Doom. Gloom. Angst. Despair. Tragedy."
          --A. Random Goth
        • Gildor Inglorion
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
            teithant Kai MacTane

            > Pssst... Gildor... This is the Quenya list, not
            > Elfling. I don't think this
            > list *has* a FAQ. (That's why I answered as I did.)

            why not something 'read elfling FAQ first' then? :))

            (ok i am kidding)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
              Hi,

              I am also totally new, here and I have just been lurking and trying
              to study a bit in the meanwhile, so I would like to know what elfing
              is ....

              you can email me back personally....

              --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, Gildor Inglorion <elfiness@y...>
              wrote:
              > teithant Kai MacTane
              >
              > > Pssst... Gildor... This is the Quenya list, not
              > > Elfling. I don't think this
              > > list *has* a FAQ. (That's why I answered as I did.)
              >
              > why not something 'read elfling FAQ first' then? :))
              >
              > (ok i am kidding)

            • Thomas Ferencz
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2003
                elfling is a yahoogroup similar to this one, only it
                is moderated, and deals not only with Quenya, but
                other Tolkienian languages as well...

                bye,
                Thomas
                --- "Veronika Berchtold <veronika.berchtold@...>"
                <veronika.berchtold@...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I am also totally new, here and I have just been
                > lurking and trying
                > to study a bit in the meanwhile, so I would like to
                > know what elfing
                > is ....
                >
                > you can email me back personally....
                >

                > --- In quenya@yahoogroups.com, Gildor Inglorion
                > <elfiness@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > teithant Kai MacTane
                > >
                > > > Pssst... Gildor... This is the Quenya list, not
                > > > Elfling. I don't think this
                > > > list *has* a FAQ. (That's why I answered as I
                > did.)
                > >
                > > why not something 'read elfling FAQ first' then?
                > :))
                > >
                > > (ok i am kidding)
                > >

                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/