[quenya] Re: I Tarsa Attamenceo

  • Greg Dyke
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2000
      >Yo i vinya coranar, Ardasse limbe ahaarielme tarsar "nootama"lmassen.

      with the new year, on earth remaining? we have had problems in our
      computers.

      >Tancave, inye yando ahaarie tarsar. I coranar Attamencea utuulie
      >coalmannar; yo nossenya, amaatiemme lissi apsar; iliiriemme, ar ahaariemme
      >maara loome.

      Sure enough. Even I also have had problems. The year twothousand has come
      too our homes, with my family, we were eating a good meal; we have sung and
      have had good night.

      >Nan, i hilyala auresse... iire eneetienye nootamalma, a saura Melkor!!!

      but the following day... when I have taken? our computer, o evil mighty?

      >I nootama quente nin sa coranar tana nee "otsocainen attamence", ar laa
      >"Attamence", ve neenya tanca sa nee!!

      The computer said to me that year that? was ???, and not 2000 like I was
      sure it was!!

      >Ar tanome utuulier i tarsar. Laa turanen hortie "e-tengwa"nyar; (2)
      >laa turanen cenie natse-lassi... er turanen tuvie meldonyar #tierra_media
      >celmasse! (3)

      and there have come the problems. I couldn't send my Emails; I couldn't see
      web-pages... ? ??????????

      >Nan rato avaanier tarsanyar; utuuvien i tie hautien tane, ar sinome
      >nootamanya naa maara, uu tarso!

      but able?? have gone my problems; I have found the way to ?? them, and here,
      my computer is good, without problems?

      >Alassea metta, coranarwa yestasse!!

      a happy ending, in the year's desire?

      >Ahaarielye tarsar ve sina? :)

      have you had problems like this?

      �laa. naan alassea quetie. :) nan E-tengwalya naa anda tertekie.

      �Tirno

      �I'm not quite sure about some of your verbal forms and constructions,
      although I could work out what was meant. I still don't like present perfect
      and simple past as an interpretation of the eteecie and tence forms, which
      are difficult, not to say ridiculous for most latins.

    • Josu Gomez
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2000
        >>Yo i vinya coranar, Ardasse limbe ahaarielme tarsar "nootama"lmassen.
        >with the new year, on earth remaining? we have had problems in our
        >computers.

        Limbe=many (of us).

        >>Nan, i hilyala auresse... iire eneetienye nootamalma, a saura Melkor!!!
        >but the following day... when I have taken? our computer, o evil mighty?

        net = get; ar "a saura Melkor" ná "o evil Melkor!" :)

        >>I nootama quente nin sa coranar tana nee "otsocainen attamence", ar laa
        >>"Attamence", ve neenya tanca sa nee!!
        >
        >The computer said to me that year that? was ???, and not 2000 like I was
        >sure it was!!

        "coranar tana" ná "that year", as "vanda sina"... ar "otsocainen
        attamence", 2070 :)

        >>Ar tanome utuulier i tarsar. Laa turanen hortie "e-tengwa"nyar; (2)
        >>laa turanen cenie natse-lassi... er turanen tuvie meldonyar #tierra_media
        >>celmasse! (3)
        >
        >and there have come the problems. I couldn't send my Emails; I couldn't see
        >web-pages... ? ??????????

        tanome=then, as sinome=now; and "I just found my friends in the channel (of
        IRC) #tierra_media)", using "celma" for "channel".

        >>Nan rato avaanier tarsanyar; utuuvien i tie hautien tane, ar sinome
        >>nootamanya naa maara, uu tarso!
        >
        >but able?? have gone my problems; I have found the way to ?? them, and here,

        Rato = soon; and "avaanier" for "passed"; "hauta" is "to stop". Sinome=now.

        >>Alassea metta, coranarwa yestasse!!
        >
        >a happy ending, in the year's desire?

        Nop, in the year's beginning :)

        Ar i "e-tengwa" Tirnova quente:

        >°laa. naan alassea quetie. :) nan E-tengwalya naa anda tertekie.

        Ye :)

        Lasta... intyala sa melalye "vinyacaarie"nyar (e-tengwa, nootalma, ar
        tane), turanyet hostie RMM-enna... Man quetalye?

        Josu

        http://www.arrakis.es/~josugp
        josugp@...